"so." her dad clears his throat. "who's this johnny i keep hearing about?"

saori flushes at the mention of her boyfriend's name. "i'm—he's my—well, we're dating," she admits. "for three months to be exact."

"oh, this... this is all new?"

"um, yeah. but i've liked him since, uh, june, i think? yeah. kinda. yeah, i like him. too much."

her dad gives her an odd look. "this looks different compared when you were dating that hanbin," he points out. "you look more... happy."

saori blushes, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "i guess." she doesn't deny it. "he makes me happy, dad."

"that's great. i'm happy too, then."

saori smiles at her dad lovingly. "i'll introduce him to you soon," she promises. "i think you'll like him."

"well, if you like him then i guess i'll like him too."

"yeah." saori giggles. god, she suddenly misses johnny. a week with his cuddles is insufferable. "fuck, why did you had to mention him, dad? now i miss him."

her dad laughs and ruffles her hair. he's glad someone's out there showing saori that she deserves all the love in the world.

"yuta, get the fuck out of my room." whether it'd be in korea, or in japan, yuta never really learned not to barge into saori's room out of nowhere. that's why ever since saori started dating johnny, she's habited herself to lock the door in case...

yuta flops down on her bed, glancing at her phone that was sitting on the bedside table.

saori was busy rummaging through her old bookcase to bring some of her childhood books back in korea.

"you need a new phone," yuta says out of nowhere.

"what?" saori doesn't pay him that attention and focuses on finding her books.

"i said you need a new phone."

this time, saori looks at her cousin. "what's this about?" she questions.

yuta sits up on her bed. "this is about, you needing a new phone," he repeats. "once we come back in korea i'll buy you a new one."

saori doesn't get where he's coming from. "why? my phone works perfectly fine." she says.

yuta then takes her phone and—"what the fuck, why'd you do that?!"—throws it out the window.

saori panics and watches it fall 3-storeys down, hanging half of her body out the window. yuta pulls her back.

"what was that for?!" saori screams at him.

"chill-out. apple clout exist for a reason and i know half of the people you know so i can give you their numbers again," yuta says, taking out his own phone.

saori seethes. "that's not the point! i have memories there! i have—" she pauses. i have my mom's number there. what if she texts me back?

saori feels panicked again as she runs out to fetch her phone.

"saori, wait!" yuta chases her, stopping her mid-stairs. "it's broken, give it up!"

"no!" she tries to yank his arm away. she then realizes why yuta was doing this. "you heard?"

yuta looks away guiltily. "i'm sorry," he apologizes. "i'm sorry, sao."

he gradually lets her go, hands curling into a fist tightly. "i... i'm sorry about momo. i was selfish and—and i didn't even consider—and i—"