when i finished my coffee, we had talked for an hour more. i saw the sun setting and freaked out in my head. grayson.

emma: let's go now. i grab ethan's hand and walked to the car.

without questioning it, he went along. i felt him squeeze my hand a little. i look down, grinning. when we were in the car, i grab the aux and play one of my car playlists.
ethan: can i stay over tonight? grayson is a james' house so it'll be fine.
emma: um sure...
why did i agree? why did i agree? i grab my phone and text grayson back.

grayson: e wtf where are you???

emma: sorry, ethan decided to
talk to me and I couldn't say no...

grayson: hurry up

emma: yea about that.
ethan wanted to sleep over...

grayson: dude i thought
it was just us. i came for
you. not to come watch
you make out with ethan.

emma: that's not how it is gray.

grayson didn't respond. great. i look at ethan, he was so bobbing his head to the music. i could hear him singling quietly.
emma: awwww
he sees me looking at him. he looks at me.
ethan: stoppp, he says, looking away from me.

Grayson's POV

emma had been out with ethan. for three hours. i actually thought she liked me more than him. then somehow she goes right back to him. it's funny that i thought i actually had a chance. i turn off the tv and get an uber to go back home. it seemed strange, being home alone.

Ethan's POV

it worked out well. she seemed a lot more interested and not pissed off at me. when we get inside of her apartment. i fall on the couch.

emma: make yourself at home i guess?
ethan: i'm just tired
emma: goodnight then.
ethan: so you don't want to hang out with me?
emma: fine then, stay up. she smiles.
ethan: can i ask you a question? emma nods.
emma: yeaaa...
ethan: what were you talking to grayson about?
emma: you're still on that?
ethan: just curious.
emma: he's my friend e, i'm allowed to talk to him.
ethan: can u stop avoiding the question?
emma: we talked about...she pauses.
ethan: finish you're sentence
emma: why does it matter? she started to get shy and walk away.
ethan: look at me emma. i want to know if you're even taking this shit seriously. what am i to you?
emma: ethan idk
ethan: why can't you be honest?
emma: i'm scared e. people already fucking hate me, imagine us dating. endless hate. people are going to hate it. hate me, even more. that's what's been bothering me. you don't even deserve m—.

i grab her waist and pull her closer to me, kissing her passionately. she wraps her arms around my head. at this point she was against the wall. i moved down to her neck, leaving a hickey. i feel her start to pull away.

emma: oh damn...
ethan: you're welcome, i wink.

emma looked a lot more shy. soon we both decided to go upstairs.

ethan: why aren't you talking?

emma looks up at me and shrugs.