t w e n t y t w o

the three anxiously sat on the airplane as it slowly made its declined. octavia's red eyes were closed but she couldn't sleep. none of them could. she rested her head on toms shoulder as he laid his head atop of hers.

sebastian looked straight ahead, in some sort of daze. she opened her eyes to see him starring at nothing. she reached and grabbed his hand, intertwining their hands. he looked at her and weakly smiled. tom kissed her forehead as she closed her eyes again, hoping that they'd find lily.

they put on their hats as they walked through the airport. sebastian's long hair put into a low man bun, toms unbrushed and octavia's hair was messy and down. they quickly grabbed their luggage as they tried to leave the airport without being noticed. when sebastian saw the camera flash, he knew they had to start running.

"avi. tom. run."

knowing what he meant, they gripped their luggage and started to run, not wanting to be bombard. they reached the car as the quickly threw their luggage into their mom's car and quickly got in. their mothers foot slammed on the gas as she sped off.

sebastian, octavia and tom let out a sigh as their mom slowed down a bit, going normal speed.

sebastian looked back to see octavia and tom's chest rise up and down. he looked forward again as him mom reached over and held his hand.

"i missed you ma." sebastian said quietly, seeing that octavia had finally fell asleep after along night. his mother smiled as she quickly looked at him and smiled.

"i missed you too sweetheart. how's octavia been?" asked mom, concerned.

"she'd been really good, before everything with lily. tom's also helped a lot." sebastian said looking back to tom, smiling. he gave a weak one back as sebastian's mother grinned.

"thank you tom, for being here for her, i know octavia. she doesn't open up to people easily. i heard she opened up to you quickly. she trusts you tom, and i trust you not to hurt my daughter." said mom, never taking her eyes off the road.

"i promise ms.stan, she's safe with me." the words rung in sebastian's ears, wanting to trust tom, but knew he couldn't trust anyone after what happened. his mom smiled as octavia shifted in her sleep, cuddling closer to tom. tom rested his head on her's as he soon finally, fell asleep.

•••

sebastian woke the two up as the reached their house. he didn't even think about his stepdad or what he would do knowing tom was here. octavia and tom got their luggage from the trunk as they walked to the front door. octavia's mother opened the door as they all walked in.

"oh i've missed home." octavia said as sebastian laughed. octavia heard the familiar loud footsteps of her father. she mumbled a swear word under her breath as her father came into sight. she walked towards him and hugged him.

"hey dad." she said as he hugged her back.

"hey avi, it's good to have you home." he said as he released her from his hug. sebastian then went up to him.

"hey jack." said sebastian as he hugged him. sebastian never really called jack dad. it really just didn't fit. dad said hey back as he was glad to have them home. dad's eyes landed on tom. octavia stood closer to tom, already knowing she was going to protect him from her father.

"before you say anything, he became really great friends with lily and wants to help seb and i find her." dad's eyes softened as octavia mentioned lily. he knew how much lily meant to octavia. her dad walked closer to tom.

"i heard you two are thing. don't hurt her. i bet you know what the last guy did to her. do that to her, you'll wish you never even met her. do you understand?" dad's voice became low.

"i understand." said tom, not showing any fear at all. he was confident in his response, making dad okay with what was happening at the moment. dad nodded as he cleared his throat.

"avi you need help bring that up?" he asked. octavia shook her head no as she walked past him and up the stairs, tom and sebastian following. octavia and tom reached her room. she opened it as the light blue paint that she missed was on the wall. she placed her stuff down and jumped on the bed, a content sigh leaving her mouth. tom then jumped on the bed, causing her to squeal and laugh.

he wrapped his arm around her as she cuddled into his side, the room quite. he placed a kiss on her head as he rubbed her back.

"i need to unpack tom." she tried to get up but he held her close.

"give me five minutes princess." he mumbled into her hair. she sighed as she laid back down, now facing him. he gave a smile as he started to pamper her face with kisses. she giggled as he placed kisses all over her face. she laughed as she tried to push him away from her face. he stopped as he left one final kiss on her lips.

"now we can unpack."

•••

as the sunset as the 3 walked down the driveway to the car. octavia stuffed her hands in her pockets as she got into the front seat, sebastian in the passenger seat. and tom in the back. she turned the engine on and pulled out of the driveway, on the way to the police station.

she reached the police station as she saw lily's parents and older brother waiting for them. she put the car in park as lily's older brother, jackson ran up to her and hugged her. tom tensed up at the sight, sebastian noticing.

"he has a girlfriend, don't worry." whispered sebastian, smirking. tom turned a shade of red as jackson let go of the hug.

"hey, i know you're worried. me too. we're gonna find her okay? don't give up avi." he said, octavia nodding, knowing he was right. she hugged her parents as sebastian then hugged them.

"hi, i'm tom. i met lily when she was in atlanta as we became really good friends. i thought the more people to help find her the better." lily's mom brought tom into a hug.

"thank you for coming tom, it means a lot." she said as tears flew down her face. the six walked into the police station, meeting the chief of police, officer john bradley. he brought them into his office and closed the door behind him.

"mrs. madison, do you track lily's phone?" asked the chief. her eyes widened in realization, not thinking of checking.

"yes!" she exlcaimed, pulling her phone out and opening find my friends. lily's mother's mouth dropped as she looked at octavia, handing her the phone. confused, she grabbed it. she covered her mouth, tears falling down her face already.

"oh my god." she said, looking at the chief of police. she handed him the phone, showing him that lilys phone was at a sadly too familiar address.

"my ex has her."