Ch 4. Tired eyes and bloody knuckles

"To you I am a porcelain doll. Yet you expect me to be hard and cold as stone! Make up your damn mind." My voice was raised as I stared at my father. We were fresh out of another you're getting to involved in club business conversation. His fears of people knowing I'm his daughter echoing in his mind.
"Why can't they know who I really am?! What are you afraid of?!"
"You being killed is what I'm scared of! I've lost my son, I've lost my wife I will not loose you to!" He yelled back. His fist slamming on the table causing a coffee cup to fall to the floor. The breaking of glass causes us both to go silent and just stare at one another.
"You could have walked away from this life. Hung up your leather for good, but you didn't. So you can't ask me to change when the reason I'm here and involved is because of you." I reigned in my rage picking up shards of glass.
"I am my fathers daughter. I never realized me being like you brought you so much shame." Each word was dripping with poison.
"Because being like me is not a good thing little dove." He kissed the top of my head eyes softening. "I love you. Just be careful and remember what I've always told you."
"Don't get involved with a Mayan." It was to late. I was falling hard and falling fast for Angel. If the only way I could stay with him was to sneak around then that was what I was going to.
"Exactly.I'll be out of town for a few days but I'll check in once I'm back. Stay safe." I walked him out Guilt washing over me. Did he know something was going on? Had Bishop warned him, or was this just the usual reminder that he still had control over my life. It had been a few months since that night at the bar, Emily knew, EZ knew and Bishop knew, but I trusted them all to stay quite. I honestly didn't want to know if someone hadn't. That was a bridge I wasn't ready to cross.

I had fallen asleep watching a movie I didn't know the name of. I would have probably stayed there all night if Angel didn't show up at my door. He had bags under his eyes and a blank expression on his face. His lips connected to mine instantly, but something felt off. The passion that normally tingled through me felt emptier.
"Angel, what's wrong?" I questioned searching his eyes for answers.
"Nothing." His voice was a growl as he hoisted me up letting my legs wrap around his waist. "I just needed to see you." I placed soft kisses on his neck trying my best to drop it, but I couldn't.
"I can tell when you're lying." I spoke softly. "But I won't pressure you to tell me." A small smile lit up his face as he set me down and sat beside me.
"Some messed up club stuff." He murmured. "You see a lot of death in this business." He stared at his hands. "We've been seeing each other for a while...I think you know how messy my life can get." He inhaled sharply. "If you want to walk away please do it now, because I'm falling in love with you and..." I cut him off by placing my finger to his lips. His eyes were glazed over as he rambled and it broke my heart to see him so unsure of us.
"I have no plans of going anywhere." I assured him. "I understand a lot more then you think I do."
"Oh do you?" He cocked his eyebrow a evil little grin appearing on his face as he pulled me into his lips. "Secret little gang banger are we ms. García?" He teased. A lump grew in my throat I needed to tell him who my father was . My phone ringing and Zeldas name popping up quickly shook that thought right out of my head.
"Everything okay?" I asked. I tried not to giggle as Angel began to kiss lower on my chest.
"I forgot me keys, can you come close?"
"Of course, I'll be right there." I chuckled. "I have to run to the bar. You can stay here till I'm back if you want," I kissed his cheek.
"I have to run to the clubhouse, how about I meet you at the bar?"
"I'll keep the back door open for you."

I decide to send Zelda home as soon as I get there. The cleaning is done. The front door is locked and all I need to do now is wait for Angel.
"That was fast," I pop my head out of the cooler when I hear the back foot chime, but it's not Angel standing there. The sounds of gun shots echoes through my ears and when I look down I'm covered in blood.
"Paloma?!" I hear Angels scream but everything is a blur as I fall into his arms.