Chapter 16: Tired

Start from the beginning

I strip out of my clothes and step into the tub.

I make myself comfortable and try to relax.

My mind wanders back to the letter.

I'm so confused. It's like I want to hate Leah I really do. Then I remember that she's in a wheelchair and start to feel bad. It's not fair now I feel like the bad guy. I don't know why all of a sudden Marques wants to be be Team Leah. He's not making me feel any better. I'm sure he's just trying to mess with my head. I don't even take him serious anymore. 😒

********Later on that night

"You okay?" Asks M

"Not really."

"Are you still thinking about that girl?" Asks M

"Oh now she's that girl. Before she was Leah."

"Why you acting like this?" Asks M looking angry.

"You keep asking me about something that I'm not in the mood to talk about. This is all your fault. You should have just kept your fucking dick in your pants. Then I wouldn't be going through this shit!"

"Don't start I thought you moved on. You don't have to bring this back up." Yells M

"Yes I do its easy for you and her. I'm the one that everyone laughs at. Everyone thinks I'm idiot for taking you back. I really want to know what I did to make you cheat. What's wrong with me? I should have just went with my gut feeling. I knew you were too good to be true."

"How many times do I have to say I'm sorry?! I can't change what's happened. I have to live with it for the rest of my life." Yells M

"Poor Marques he has the world on his shoulders. I didn't tell you to sleep with her. I didn't make you hit me. You know what I can't do this. I thought I could act like nothing happened. That letter just made all these feelings come back. I hate you."

"Please don't do this. You don't mean it. This is exactly what she wants. If we break up she'll be winning. Don't give her the satisfaction. Mel I need you." Says M looking he's about to cry.

I've never seen him like this before. 👀😨

I kind of feel bad. Stop it Melanie he's just playing with your emotions. Don't fall for it.

"You're full of shit. I'm out of here."

I climb out of bed and run into my closest.

I grab a suitcase and open it. I start yanking my clothes off of hangers and throwing them into the suitcase.

There's still a bunch of clothes. I could care less about them anymore. Most of them are from M anyway. He can give them to his next bitch.

I quickly change into my Juicy Couture sweatsuit. I throw on my nike slides. I put my hair in a low ponytail.

I roll my suitcase into bedroom.

I start walking towards the door. But of course Marques had to block the door.

"You're crazy if you think I'm letting you leave me." Says Marques

"Move out of the way. I'm leaving and there's nothing you can do to stop me. I'm not afraid of you anymore. I'm so tired of being your personal doormat. Those days are long gone."

"I don't understand where this is coming from. I love you Melanie isn't that enough. I took you to see my mama." Says M

"And I thank you for that. It's just not enough. I finally realized I deserve better. I'm not settling for just anything. I want to be with someone whose not going to hit me when he's angry. I want someone whose not going to step out on me."