Chapter 6: Meeting The Parents

Mel's Dad is in Multimedia :) 

Marque's Pov

I don't know why Mel be trippin. She needs to just do what I say. Some people might say that we're moving too fast. I honestly could care less what people got to say. Mel is my girl she will do whatever I tell her do. It's as simple as that.

I would prefer her to be near me at all times. I know she's worried about what her parents will say. I got that part covered. Her mother is an alcoholic and has no idea what's going on around her.

Mel's dad will be very easy. Josiah is like a dad to me. He took me under his wing and taught me everything I know. He's everything I inspire to be.

I was so into my thoughts, that I didn't notice my phone ringing. I grab my phone and unlock it.

"Wassup?"

"What you doing tonight ?" Asks Drake

"I have plans to go to dinner with my girl and her parents."

"You know you've been spending a lot of time with ole girl. What's up with you? Don't tell me your sprung already?" Says Drake

"Mane shut up ain't nobody sprung. I'm just trying to get on the good graces with her fam. I'm trying to get Mel to move in."

"Oh word?" Asks Drake

"Yes my nigga.! I know it's shocking I rarely have girls move in with me. But with Mel it just feels right."

"If you say so. I'll let you go then. Call me when it's done. I can't wait to hear how this little dinner went." Says Drake

"Ight bet."

"One." Says Drake before hanging up the phone.

I drop my phone on my bed and head towards the shower.

I strip off all my clothes and step inside the shower. I turn the water all the way up until it's steaming hot.

After 15 minutes I turn off the shower. I wrap a towel around me and walk into my closet.

I look at all of my clothes. I want to dress to impress. I want to leave a good impression on Mel's family.

I finally decide on a pair of black Levi jeans and a red button down shirt.

I quickly get dressed. I spray on some cologne before leaving the closet.

I grab a brush off the dresser and brush my curls.

I put on my Rolex grab my keys, and phone before leaving.

I jog downstairs and turn off all the lights on my way out. Once I hit the door I put on the alarm.

****
I decided to buy a bouquet of roses for Ms. Martinez and a bottle of champagne for Joisah.

I ring the door bell and wait for someone to answer.

A few minutes later I see a butler.

"Hello sir please come in." Says the butler

I follow after him into the living room.

"I'm Gino by the way." Says Gino

"Wassup I'm Marques."

"Nice to meet you. I need to go back in the kitchen. The family should be down any minute. I'll take your gifts and put them in the kitchen." Says Gino turning to leave.

I sit down on the couch. I hear voice and look up to see Mel, followed by her mom and dad.

I stand up and wait for them to greet me.