Chapter Two

Some of my friends wanted me to post another chapter... so I guess this wasn't a total failure... Here it is!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Two

"Oh, darling, what on earth are you wearing?" Eowyn cried, on another one of her 'my sister is a freak' rants.

I looked down at my outfit, shrugging.

"It's just a T-shirt and shorts, Eowyn," I huffed, already five minutes late to class. It was science, and the only class I had with my sister, and it happened to be my first class, so she would pick me up at my dorm and critique either my personality, friends, or clothing, setting me up for a wonderful day.

"Not that! Those," she fumed, her little ski-slope nose wrinkling in disgust. I saw that she was commenting on my shoes.

"What? They're Swedish clogs!"

"And they're disgusting! And purple tights? Really?" Eowyn cried. I rolled my eyes, checking my Ben Ten watch for the fourth time since she arrived at my door in another super-tight, barely-there red dress. Like, seriously, who (other than strippers) wears that to school?!?! (Well, maybe strippers don't go to school. But if there was a stripper school, I guess that was appropriate attire).

"Can we leave? We're late," I stated, tapping my clogged foot.

"Not until you change."

"No."

"Yes."

"No!" I shouted, quickly pushing towards the door before she could stop me. My escape would've been graceful if I hadn't tripped over a rug and landed on my face. "Eowyn!!!" I screeched.

"What?! I didn't do anything!"

This was pretty much me and my sister's daily routine.

She yells at me, I yell back, I try to leave, I fall on my face, which once resulted in a bloody nose. Oh wait, that happened several times...

"Get up," she snapped, holding out her hand to pull me up. I ignored her outstretched hand and clambered up, my glasses hanging askew. I readjusted them, frantically brushing my bushy hair out of my eyes (and glasses).

Once we got to the lecture hall, I tumbled up (yes, I regularly tumble up) the stairs to get a seat in the back, where people wouldn't be snickering at me like they were now.

Oh, God.

Eowyn just strutted over to her regular circle of friends, pretending like she didn't know me, as usual. Thankfully, Mr. Craig was giving us this time to start our essay, so I didn't get in trouble.

Once I settled into my seat, I heard a light scuffle, a couple 'Excuse me's, and I looked up to see Leo walking up the stairs towards me. My eyes widened, and I thought, Owl eyes! But that didn't stop me from staring at him intently as he sat down next to me.

"Hey Arwen," Leo said quietly, smiling at me softly. My mouth dropped open widely, and I struggled to think of something to say. I guess a simple 'Hello' would've sufficed, but instead I just sort of... sneezed... on his essay.

"I'm so sorry!" I said a bit too loud, and a couple people turned around to shoot me dirty looks. I wiped my arm across his notebook paper, smearing ink as I did so with my snot. Nice.

"Oh, oh, oh, God, God, I'm so sorry... Oh gosh I'm such a screw up. I'm a failure, I fail at life, I fail at everything, oh my freaking goodness golly gracious," I rambled/mumbled to myself, my face turning redder by the second as I frantically tried to save his paper. And who says goodness golly gracious?! Apparently, I do.