Chapter 1 {It's all fun and games until someone goes missing}

Things aren't always as they seem.

I know this because it seemed as Katie was safe.

I was the last person to see her.

That was 7 months ago.

Point proven.

We would never have a funeral with her still missing. Imagine if she showed up only days later.

So no. We had to sit in agonizing uncertainty for hours, days, months. Never sure if she was safe, or bound to walk through the door any minute. Clothes tattered, body bruised. It was worse than her being dead.

The lingering hope that she would just frolic in always wafted throughout the air.

Her family started to stay with my family about a week after her disappearance.

Her mother, Linda was an absolute wreck. In hysterics every time something reminded her of Katie.

Linda had dark brown hair with ice blue, piercing eyes. She had a cute little nose with freckles sprinkled across it and lips that were small but plump, with sparkles spread across them, painted on every day, just like mommy. Her hair was kind of curly, some parts more than others. She always had on denim Keds, but the insides were yellow! They were cute. She had lots of pretty sundresses and she had some khaki colored capris that rolled up at the end, and lots of bright and pastel colored cardigans.

They didn't have a daddy, just like me! Although there was this nice man named Tom with light brown hair that visited sometimes. He is a nice friend to Linda.

They have a boy and his name is Landon. He is 16, which is a year younger than Katie. He has dark brown hair and super blue eyes, just like Linda!! His hair always stood up, and it was messy, but he made it that way he said. Landon confuses me sometimes. Why would you want your hair like that? It's okay though because he looks nice. I like him. But only as a friend. He is nice to me and to his sister, Skylar. He has these bumps on his tummy though. He calls it his six packs. That's silly though. Why would he eat a whole package of pudding cups?! He does crazy things like that though. Landon is very proper in front of Linda. Not when she is gone though. It's funny. I like Landon. But only as a friend!

Hunter is the other brother. He's 14 and looks a lot like Landon except he has tanner skin than him. He has gray eyes, that look like a storm washed away all one could ever love. No just kidding but he had stormy gray eyes and he wore his hair flippy. He has this red hoodie that he wears and I like it a lot. My mommy and Linda are the only ones to know this, but I like Hunter. I want him to be my boyfriend.

Skyler is almost 5, which is my age! We play together all the time and she has a Barbie just like Chelsea except hers has yellow, or blonde as mommy calls it, hair. She has blonde hair that is thin and muddy brown eyes. Plus she has the prettiest pink lips ever. Like a model! She likes the color pink a lot and she likes tutus too.

So that's Katie's family! Without Katie of course. 

I really do wish to know what ever happened to her.