~ 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝓃𝑒 ♡ 𝒟𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒽𝑜𝓅𝑒𝓈 𝓊𝓅 ~

One drowsy afternoon after the rain had just stopped falling, leaving everything wet and cold. The orphanage was having movie night inside the large but crowd house. The old house creaked as the wind blew.

The house was for girls' and boys' but it mostly filled with girls due to it being an all-girls' orphanage but they had to change it. All the oldest, which I am one of them, children in the house have made it their home, because it's a rumor that the older you are, the less likely you're going to get picked for adoption.

All the girls and I sat on one side of the room and all the boys sat on the other, this is obviously because matrons insisted that they were going to "make out" or "have sex".

The girls gossiped and watched the tv and the guys were hitting each other and eating all the popcorn. I just sat there, I really just want to go to bed. A topical movie night at the orphan, but the phone rang loudly, disturbing sleeping ones and those who were focused on the movie.

"Hello! This is the RoseBud Orphanage, this is Molly speaking, how may I be at your service?"

She stands there listening to the phone, making "mhm" and "mmm" noises. We all continue to sit there and talked to each other due to the movie being paused so she could hear. No one calls so later at night, it must be important.

"Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!" she squealed, they all turned to look at her, "I will have them ready to see tomorrow morning!" she said bye and stared at us.

"EVERYONE GET IN THE SHOWERS, NOW!" Some complained because they wanted to finish the movie, others ran to the best shower.

    All the boys ran to the showers on the left side of the building and the girls went to the right. As we were walking there, one of the girls asked Molly, "What's happening?"

    "Some one is coming to adopt, and there looking for an older child!" Molly said excitedly.

    The older girls jumped around and laughed. Everyone but me. I kept walking to the showers, no one was there yet so I got the biggest shower.

I get in and get cleaned up only for disappointment.

     About 3 months ago, this happened for the first time and I had gotten super excited but I wasn't picked while 3 other girls were. I'm not going to get her hopes up again.

     "Bonnibel! Come on, you've been in the there for an hour!" yelled Molly over sound if running water. I turn off the water, grabbed a towel and got out. I went the "my" room, which was shared with 3 other girls.

     All the girls were getting ready for bed, using homemade face masks, and curling their hair with heatless curlers.

     "Bonnibel, come here." Molly called me over to the door after I've gotten dress. "The person said their looking for a 16 year old girl, with blonde hair! So, I really wanna show you off! Try and make your self look nice!"

   I look at her with a mono expression on my face. "You say that, but I know i'm not gonna get picked...." I look at my bare feet.

      "I promise, I will make you the center of attention tomorrow, shhh." Molly said, making me feel a little better.

      "Bon, come here and let me put this mask on you!" A girl yelled from across the room. I smile at Molly and then closed the door. I waltz walked over to the girls and sat down. 

      They put the face mask on me, painted each other's nails, and curled my hair. I started thinking about it. I am blonde and 16...maybe I would get picked, but then again I probably won't.

    I wiped off the face mask, made my bed, and went to sleep. "Let's hope for the best." I thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you liked the first chapter! It's quite subtle but it gets better! 💕✨💗❤️💞💘💝🎀💓💌