Chapter 2: Irondad Gets Told

Alrighty y'alls. I'm back with chapter 2. Thank you for all of your support. It really means a lot to me. Disclaimer this chapter brought to you by Phil.

Phil: thr35hru3 doesn't own me or anyone else except her character Farryn.

Enjoy the chapter my dudes.

"Hey JARVIS," I said. I was so gosh darn happy to be out of the SHIELD infirmary. That place is so boring, and the wifi there is terrible. It's less boring with my science buddies Leo Fitz and Jemma Simmons, but they weren't there.

"Hello, Miss Stark," JARVIS answered.

"Take me up to the penthouse."

"Of course, ma'am." I then zoomed up to the penthouse.

"What is up my people?!" I shouted as the elevator door opened. The only one in the penthouse was Pepper, my dad's girlfriend.

"Farryn, how'd work go?" she asked.

"Could've been worse. Just a bullet wound, a broken leg, and some first-degree burns." I could tell Pepper was going to be a big worry wart about the mission so I asked her the question that came to my mind.

"Where's Dad?"

"Taking us off the grid. Speaking of which, he should be reporting in any time now."

"You're good to go on this end. The rest is up to you," my dad said through the coms. This is so exciting!

"You disconnected the transition lines? Are we off the grid?" I asked.

"Stark Tower is about to become a beacon of self sustaining clean energy."

"Wow, so maybe our reactor takes over and it actually works?" Pepper asked.

"I assume. Light 'er up." I could see my dad flying off in the distance. He looked pretty dang epic in the Mark VI armor. I started to activate the arc reactor.

"How does it look?"

"Like Christmas, but with more me."

"More us, you mean?" I asked. I helped a lot on this tower, so I obviously want some of the credit.

"Of course Rynn." A little while later, Dad arrived at the tower. I hoped to have a moment with my dad before things began to go to the looney bin.

"Sir, Agent Coulson of SHIELD is on the line," JARVIS said. Speaking of things going to the looney bin, it was time to try and convince him to come in to avenge things.

"I'm not in. I'm actually out."

"Sir, I'm afraid he's insisting."

"Close the line JARVIS. I got a date." He then walked into the tower to get tackle-hugged by yours truly.

"I missed you so much, Dad," I said.

"I missed you too. How was the mission?"

"As I said earlier, could have been worse, bullet wound, broken leg, burns." Not to mention how badly hurt my feels were. It hurt even more than Mockingjay and Allegiant combined. Without death though. None of my friends died.

"Levels are holding steady, I think," Pepper said uncertainly.

"Of course they are, we were directly involved. Which brings me to my next question. How does it feel to be a genius?" Dad asked.

"Well, I wouldn't know now, would I?"

"What do you mean?" I asked. "All of this came from you."

"No, all of this came from that." She tapped dad's arc reactor, which made a small metallic clink. And I made a little giggle.

"Give yourself some credit, please. Stark Tower is your baby. Give yourself... twelve percent of the credit." And he just ruined the moment.

"Twelve percent?"

"An argument can be made for fifteen."

"Twelve percent for my baby?"

"Well, I did do all the heavy lifting. Literally, I lifted all the heavy things. And sorry, but the security snafu? That was on you."

"Ooooh."

"My private elevator."

"Our elevator," me and Pepper said simultaneously.

"It was teeming with sweaty workmen. I'm going to pay for that comment about percentages in some subtle way later on, aren't I?"

"Not gonna be that subtle."

"Nope."

"I'll tell you what, the next building is gonna say 'Potts' on the tower." Dad just shut your stinking pie hole.

"On the lease."

"Call your mom, can you bunk over?"

"Sir," JARVIS interrupted, "the telephone. I'm afraid my protocols are being overridden."

"Stark, we need to talk," Phil said.

"You have reached the Life Model Decoy of Tony Stark, please leave a message." I had to hold back a snort at this.

"It's urgent."

"Then leave it urgently." Just then, Phil came out of the elevator. "Security breach." He turned to Pepper and said, "That's on you."

"Mr. Stark."

"Phil, come in!" I said. I was really excited for Phil to put dad in his place. With my help of course.

"Phil?"

"I can't stay." He looked really sorry about that. He was probably upset about not meeting Captain America.

"Uh... his first name is Agent."

"Come on in, we're celebrating."

"Which is why he can't stay."

"We need you to look this over as soon as possible," Phil said, trying to give Dad a tablet.

"I don't like to be handed things."

"That's alright, because I love to be handed things. So, let's trade." I gave Phil my drink, took the tablet, gave it to Dad, and took his drink.

"Official consulting hours are between eight and five every other Thursday."

"This isn't a consultation."

Suddenly Pepper stepped in, saying, "Is this about the Avengers, which I know nothing about." Now Pepper has the dumbs. Nobody's smart but me!!

"The Avengers Initiative was scrapped, I thought, and I didn't even qualify."

"I didn't know that either."

"Apparently I'm volatile, self-obsessed, and don't play well with others."

"That I did know." They just went on yammering for another few minutes.

As soon as Phil left, I said, "You do realize how important this is. Plus it could up our rep since the whole Hammer Incident. Just think about it." I followed Phil and Pepper out of the tower, not aware of the danger that was ahead of me. At least not as much as I could have been.