prologue

The boy sat on the love seat in the gray room

The boy sat on the love seat in the gray room. The room had a gloomy feel, but an academic feel as well. Degrees and certification framed around the room and on shelves.

He sat and glided his fingers against the velvet fabric he was sitting on. He stopped and put his hand atop his other, both palms facing down in his lap. He looked around the room and hummed, tapping his foot to the floor below him.

The door clicked, and opened. He faced the door to see his well-known therapist. She was wasn't old, but neither was she young. She had brown hair tied into a bun, brown eyes, and a curvy frame. Taehyung took a liking to her, as a second mother.

"How are you today?" she asked and looked down at her clipboard, flipping pages and writing sloppy notes down in pen. She sat in the gray leather seat in front of the boy.

"I'm okay, nothing out the usual," he paused and looked back up at the lady sitting in front of him.

"Actually, I met a girl yesterday," he lied.

He didn't actually meet you, he saw you. He stared at you until his eyes watered.

"That's great. Try talking with her, make a friend," she said sympathetically.

She wrote down more notes as they talked about the boy and how he and his family have been doing. She looked at the clock, turning the signal in her head that her next patient was waiting and that Taehyung's session was over.

"Well, your next appointment is next month, October 8th. Do good and stay well, Taehyung," she got up and so did he. She patted his back and gave him a post it note with the date he was to come back, written in black ink.

He was almost gone, out the door when she reminded- no, warned Taehyung.

"Don't get too attached to that girl, Taehyung."

And with that, he left the room.