The Alphas house looked much bigger. With a house like this you would think more than one person lived here. I sighed before taking a step forward. Ken had already opened the door. He was waiting for me to enter.

Without hesitating, I walked in and gawked at the inside.

Two spiral staircases were on each side of the entrance. A large chandelier was in the middle of the room hanging up on the tallest ceiling I have ever seen. Ken coughed behind me again.

"The Alpha isn't here but I could show you your room?" I nodded trying not to show my excitement. Ken walked up ahead and led the way. We walked up the beautiful staircase and each step I took felt like another step towards an opportunity.

We walked past the walls full of pictures from back then. My eyes lingered on a family picture but before I could even look at it closely, Ken was already opening the door to a room.

I hesitantly walked in. I don't know why but my excitement immediately flew out the window when I inhaled the air. This wasn't my mates room.

My confused eyes focused on Ken who was not meeting my eyes. In fact he looked sheepish.

"The Alpha specifically told me this was your new room." So he knew what was going through my mind.

"Where does he sleep then?" The question came out like a mere whisper.

"In another room down the hall." I nodded with my lips pierced in annoyance. "There are clothes in the closets for you but I have to go now."

Ken left without another word. I slowly walked to my bed in a dull state, not caring about the dress I had on currently, before collapsing on top of it. The soft material instantly drew me to a deep comfortable sleep I hadn't known I yearned for. My eyes immediately closed as I let sleep take over me.

-

I jolted awake when hands roughly pulled me out of bed. By the sparks that erupted, I knew who it was instantly.

I snapped my sleepy eyes open to see my mate standing above me with cold hard eyes. I sat up and coughed awkwardly. He had his arms crossed across his muscled chest in a manner that made me feel as if I was in trouble.

"Change, the Run is beginning in half an hour." And just like that he was walking out the room. Before I could even think about what I was going to say, I shouted for him to wait.

"Wait!" He didn't turn around, instead his body stayed forward but he moved his head in a slight angle. I knew from the tensed posture he was uncomfortable being here with me and that hurt.

"Why am I-" He cut me off mid sentence as he understood what I was talking about.

"Because it is better that way," his monotone deep voice held a hint of anger in them. Was it directed to me?

"Alpha Thaddeus, we're mates," I pathetically added. At this, Alpha Thaddeus turned around in a movement so quick it surprised me.

"We may be mates but," his tone changed from monotone to angry. "I never wanted one."

His dark eyes glared into my blue eyes which made me gasp. "Fix the dress."

He turned and stomped out, making every footstep feel like a knife being shoved into my heart repeatedly.

I looked down at my dress to see that it had ridden up and now from the top of my belly button all the way down, was on display. I pulled the dress over my head, deciding to change out of it. I sighed and tossed it on the ground near the closet.

I fell back on the soft material as a tear slid down my cheek. I growled furiously wiping away the tear. I glanced back at the door.

So that was it. He didn't want me.