Five

Five

The Devil applauds to his own music, calling his preaches the truths of his lord

The Devil applauds to his own music, calling his preaches the truths of his lord. The chant of liars and sinners that is oh-so-attractive to the weak.

-~%~-

Faith was across the room, combing her fingers through Iris' hair. He could hear his heartbeat in his ears, reminding him of Faith's pressing question. He didn't have an answer, he didn't know if he would. He turns to the door and walks out without a comment, leaving his sister and the Deputy alone.

-~%~-

The woman took apart the gun with ease, the night not bothering her as she field strips the weapon. She lays the pieces on the blanket, dipping her hands in the water bowl next to the sheet and rinsing her hands of the blood staining the gun. Her thumb runs over the Eden flower tattooed on her wrist, the symbol of the cult beating with her heart. She stands, cracking her back in place and shrugging on the coat, covering the symbol.

She pushes her short black hair out her face, adjusting the kevlar vest and activating her radio.

"Black Horse checking in to Red Wolf, over." She waits for the older brother's response, putting her stripped AR-C back together quickly.

"Red Wolf hears you Black Horse. An influx of new orders, KOS Resistance. Black Wolf has been MIA, check in."

"10-4, over and out." She shuts off her radio, heading off to talk to the youngest Seed on his radio silence.

-~%~-

She wakes up slowly, her body sore and her mouth dry. The metal chair beneath her was familiar, making her know where she was without opening her eyes. Muffled words were all she could hear, the female and male voice arguing and rising in volume every second. She keeps her eyes closed as the argument grows closer.

"Your brother's just worried, John."

"So what? He has his own concerns, Risa." She felt the annoyance in John's voice, the woman he refers to as Risa makes a huffing noise. A warm hand presses against her neck, the feeling making her move her neck so his whole palm fits.

"At least she's alive." John mutters, removing his hand reluctantly. She felt his fingertips drag across her skin softly. She had a weird feeling in her stomach, but she brushed it off as after-effects of Bliss.

"Faith isn't allowed near me. I'm guessing you can predict why." John laughed, a pair of footsteps moving away.

"Faith has a lot of enemies, and I would hate to have that same list." Risa laughs, and a door closes heavily. She could hear a chair scrape against the concrete ground.

"I know you're awake, Deputy." His voice was calm. She opens her eyes, staring him down like a wolf. John stares right back, his features pulled into a cocky smirk that made the feeling come back to her stomach.

"We have a lot to talk about. After all, you never truly confessed to me." John reaches out, pressing his fingers harshly into the still-healing scar on her collarbone he had carved after her hours of prideful silence. She whimpers, pressing back into the chair. She turns her head away from the Baptist, her hands shaking as they pressed into the armrest.

-~%~-

He shuts the door with his foot, not wanting to stain the door with the blood coating his arms and hands. His feet took him to the kitchen to get the sticky red off his arms. He felt bad for the woman he had ripped apart in front of the Deputy, but it had stained in his mind for moments before he remembered the woman's pleas for the other, crying for him to hurt her instead. He didn't see that as her confession, though her secrets spilled from her like water from a broken dam. More of a lying fountain he saw. After all, confessions were private. He was just showing her a more detailed way of what he would do to her.

His mind flurries through thoughts, not noticing the disciple of Jacob's will in his living room as he sits on his couch, contemplating his move from here. Risa was cleaning her knife, a few flecked bloodstains across it as she sits in silence with the brooding Inquisitor.

-~%~-

hey! you know that moment, when you forget this exists until someone spam updates? yeah, i was busy playing new dawn and being on discord. gotta love new dawn, so pretty and joseph is there by jacob's armory, plus john's bunker is explorable (kinda). sorry for the short ass chapter, the long ass wait, and the weird ass gapity gap gap.