Chapter 4: Sleeping Quarters

That night, I was told to call my parents and tell them I'm spending the night with a friend. Then I was led to my sleeping quarters. I walked in, and almost fainted.

"IT'S SO BLANK!" I screamed. I was appalled at the lack of posters and drawings on the wall, the fact that there was no color to the bedspread, and the emptiness of the pure white dresser. It was lifeless, sad. I felt like I was in a hospital or a psychiatric ward.

"Well, what do you want me to do?" The agent that had taken me there says, annoyed.

He was visibly surprised at my response, "Bring me paint and some brushes, paper, colored pencils, and anything else you can find that's colorful and cool. And then leave me be. I've got some major remodeling to do."

So I spent that night adding life and color to my room. I painted the walls blue and the dresser light green. I drew a handfull of pictures and taped them up around me. I didn't have any sheets besides the white ones already on the bed, so I took the bedspread and laid it on the ground. I flicked random colors onto it to make a homemade paint splatter pattern. It was awesome. Once the paint had dried, I returned the blanket to the bed. Then I filled the dresser with neatly folded clothes in all different colors. Then, I put ten or twelve different sized stuffed animals in the room and on the bed, just for kicks. I put up some multicolored streamers in front of the door and then stood back to admire my good work.

There was only one word to describe it... "Perfect."

I slept very well that night.

~~~

Short chapter, really didn't know what to do exactly, so I decided to introduce her personality and love for color. I also described her in-base room. She doesn't sleep there all the time, just sometimes. Anyway, hope you liked this chapter, writing the next one soon! See you later, readers!

~S.M.