Buttons

This isn't helping at all!!!

I came to this dog park to try and focus to do my homework, but that was a dumb decision giving the fact that I love dogs and I keep staring off at them.

I just wish I had one of my own, but my mom won't let us, and gives me the same reasons every time.

So I just pet the ones at the park.

But not today Y/N, not today.

I really need to get my history homework done.

Okay, so in 1877, the- wait.

There's a ball on my journal. And it-

OH MY GOD

Wow that is the cutest dog I have ever seen and it had brung me a little tennis ball!!

"Hey, there, hi! You're a cute little dog aren't you?" I cooed to it. "Are you a good girl or a good boy?"

I reached for the collar to find its name.

Button

     "Hey Button, you're so cute! Yes you are!" I scratched its ears. "But we need to find your owner, he or she might be worried about you."

As if on cue, a tall brown haired boy came running up to me.

     "Hey, umm I'm so sorry, Button, he has this tendency of bringing the ball to other people." He said.

I smiled at him.
     "No, it's totally fine, he's adorable! How old is he?" I asked.

The boy smiled.

Woah he was cute.

     "He's about 3 years old." He said.

     "Okay, so he'd be 21 in dog years. Better watch out for him, I heard they're wild at that age." I joked.

The boy laughed, "Umm I'm Wyatt, by the way." He reached out his hand.

     "Nice yo meet you Wyatt." I shook it. "I'm Y/N."

    We just stared at each other for the longest time, it was exciting yet awkward.

     "So, I'm sorry for Button, I'll try and make sure he doesn't do that again." He finally said.

     "Oh no, it's fine, I'd like to see him again someday." I replied.

I mentally smacked myself. Yes, I wanted to see him again but I should have said I wanted to see Wyatt, saying I just wanted to see the dog kind of sounds rude.

     "Well, after this we were going to take a walk around the trail, if you'd like to join, I'd maybe let you walk him around a little." Wyatt replied.

     "Wow, using your dog for bait, I bet you say that to all the girls." I joked again.

     "Only to the pretty ones sitting by themselves at dog parks." He said and looked down.

     "Hmm what if my personality isn't pretty?" I replied.

     "Well then I won't let you walk my dog anymore. But I hope that's not the case." He laughed.

     "You're in luck, let's go." I said and stood up.

************************

This counties for weeks; Wyatt and I walking his dog while we got to know each other, and gosh, he is such an easy person to talk to.

Not to sound like cocky or anything, but I think he might like me too, I can just, I can feel it.

He told me he had something to ask me today, and I think I know what it is.

And that's out.

I waited for Wyatt at our usual spot, which was at the bridge a little into the trail.

He came in a little more dressed up than usual, wearing a collared button down shirt, but the same style of jeans.

     "Hey Wyatt!" I called as he got closer.

Wyatt smiled at me then stopped in front of me.

     "So what did you need to ask me?" I asked.

Wyatt stood still, staring into my y/e/c eyes; and I stared back into his light brown ones.

We didn't say anything.

Then he leaned over.

The next thing I know we're kissing.

It was a gentle kiss, and holy shiiiiiit he has really soft lips.

We pulled apart and just looked at each other again.

     "Wow." I said.

     "Y/N, will you be my girlfriend?" He asked.

     "Yes!" I said.
Then I turned to Button who was sitting, staring up at a tree."

     "I can't believe you made Button see that." I joked.

Wyatt laughed and put his hand in mine, and we walked through the trail, like always just as boyfriend and girlfriend this time.

Also, I never did get my homework done.