Chapter 22: Crazy

Start from the beginning

"Why? Why is it you to show that?"

"To survive. The Beta survives by strength and I survive by submitting. It's our first reaction, even in our human form."

I still don't understand his logic.  I curse my inability to use more complex English to demand answers.  The coffee was an accident. The big man got mad. So, Braden had to let him breathe and touch all over him? That's bullshit.

I look sternly down at Braden and for once, he holds my gaze steadily.

"Show me."

"Huh?" His eyes widen and his mouth drops open.

"Show me...you submitting." He did it for Reed for a nonsense reason. He can do it for me.

"Oh, um... " Now, Braden looks away as red lights up his cheeks. He seems to cringe in embarrassment, but he does what he did before. He tilts his head to the side, still looking away. Slowly, he leans forward until his neck aligned almost below my chin. "Like this?" he asks, his voice sounding different than before, breathier.

I can see the pale column of his neck from the edge of his shirt up to just behind his jaw. The skin is smooth and unblemished. At the base, I can even make out the pulse of his rapidly beating heart.

"Why do you do this?"

"When we're in our wolf form, it shows that the other wolf could bite me and that I'm not going to fight."

"Why... the hell... would you let wolf bite you?" I asked, dumbfounded. In response, Braden chuckles.

"Wolves use it as a sign of trust. If a wolf was really going to attack me, I wouldn't just let them bite me. The Beta wasn't really mad at me, he was just in a bad mood. He even apologized for it. It was almost a sign of respect."

I think over his words. So, Braden did it because he trusted the Beta not to attack him? I must have missed the apology while Reed was caressing Braden's hair.

"I don't like it." I grumble. Braden's neck is still stretched before me. This close I can tell that he smells slightly like the soap from his bathroom, as well as faintly of peanut butter. Leaning closer, I allow my breath to ghost over Braden's skin, like how it looked what Reed did. I want to know how far these signs of respect go. "Have they... ever bite you like this?"

"N- not like this, in human form." Braden gulps. "Only as wolves. Sometimes, we bite when training, or just play fighting. Occasionally, the dominant wolf will muzzle the other. Wolves naturally touch each other more."

"What is muzzle?"

"The dominant wolf will place their mouth around the other's nose and mouth. It shows trust on both sides."

Ugh, they put their wolfy mouths around my Braden's?

I scoff, breathing out against his neck, and I can feel a shiver run through his body. He must be getting uncomfortable holding his head like that. I take one of my fists off of the wall and, without moving away, run my fingers in the curls at Braden's cheek, threading them through the silky strands as I move my palm around to support the back of his head and neck.

Another breath and another shiver. The tremble of his compact frame seems to trigger something in me, sending heat racing to my skin. I've never had another's body tremble like this

"I don't like it, Braden."

In response, Braden lets out a shaky laugh, ending on another loud gulp. "I'm sure they won't react like that to you, J- Jae." Me? I'm not talking about me!

Another breath against his skin triggers another shiver. The tremble of his compact frame seems to ignite something in me, sending heat racing to my skin. The heat. The scent of his skin. The vulnerability of his position. They're all clouding up my mind, making it hard to think instead of just do.

"You should not do this. Not with others." I don't like the thought of Braden 'submitting' to all those large wolves. Not. At all. I'm can't figure out why, but I want to show him it's a bad decision to make. His skin is just millimeters away from me and I stretch the last little bit, opening my mouth and placing an open mouth bite against his neck. I don't apply pressure, just enough for him to feel my teeth grazing him.

"Wa- J-... Jae!" Braden mumbles before ending on a high-pitched note. Two fists clutch at my shirt as he sways towards me. I tighten my hold on him and wrap my other arm around his waist, keeping him secure against my chest. His head rests up near my shoulders, his hot breath releasing in shallow pants against the skin exposed by the collar of my shirt.

Dimly, I recognize that we're still in the hallway and that anyone of the pack could walk by at any time. Still, I can't seem to stop. I let my teeth drift closed, scraping gently across his skin until my lips meet and press against the column of his neck. It feels so soft, I can't help but let my lips rub back and forth against it. Another shiver racks Braden's body as he gasps out loud.

"See?" I whisper against him. "It's no good."

"Wai- Just, no- Don- " Braden turns into a mumbling mess as my mouth continues to drift along his skin. I run my lips up to just behind his ear, inhaling that intoxicating mix of soap and afternoon snack, plus something that must be one hundred percent Braden.

Maybe following instincts is contagious because my own are telling me now to stop, to continue exploring as much as I can. Nuzzling around his ear, I want to see if he tastes just like he smells and I let my tongue flick out against the lobe. Braden releases a strangled moan.

"Arg-gh. Don't... I can't..." he pants against me.

I raise my head and using my grip on him, tilt his head back to look at me. His eyes are glazed and half-closed, the pupils large in twin hazel rings. Breath leaves his opened mouth fast and harshly.

"I should muzzle you?" I ask, even I'm not sure what I'm doing. My own breathing matches that of the man in my arms, my heart rate buzzing even faster. I'm about to do something crazy and all I know is that Braden looks like that most amazing thing I've ever seen. My heated body keeps urging me on, to explore more.

"Hm?" Too far gone to speak, Braden merely hums, a split-second before I push my lips to his. He immediately responds, moving his in time with mine. Omo, his lips are even softer than his skin. Oh, and the taste! Amazing.

I let my body take over, stepping even closer to the wall, trapping Braden fully, his slender frame pushed to mine. A some-what familiar hardness is pressing against my upper thigh and I realize my own member is raising up behind my zipper in answer.

I use my tongue to push again Braden's lips, tasting them and he opens his mouth willingly. Tentatively, I sweep my tongue inside, his harsh groan like music to my ears and encouraging me to do it again and again, more confident each time.

A loud gasp escapes Braden's swollen lips and harshly, his hands tighten on my shirt and push me back slightly, just enough to break the kiss. Disoriented from the sudden motion, I can only blink down at him.

Braden's eyes are closed tightly and he gasps again. This time with a shudder that racks his body. I can feel him shake everywhere our bodies are touching, and then I feel tell-tale twitch against my thigh. We only kissed, how did he...?

"Braden," I whisper fervently, my own heart rate still out of control. Languidly, his eyelids raise. His eyes land softly on me and a small grin graces his face. I can tell when he comes out of his haze, because the smile freezes on his face, before dropping. His eyes nearly bug out and his flushed face because impossibly more red.

A small shove and Braden easily pushes me away, his strength taking me off guard just as much as the motion itself. I stumble back, almost to the floor. I catch myself against the opposite wall of the hallway and when I look up, Braden's already gone, the sound of his footsteps rapidly disappearing around the corner.

An Idol for the OmegaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara