→ 1

jungwoo tossed and turned in his bed, unable to sleep from the acknowledgment of the mark he recently gotten. well, not that recently. its been a month since he has noticed he got one. its a red-ish, pink-ish handprint plastered on his left thigh right above his knee, so how could he not notice it? the first time he saw it, his heart sank to his stomach. for a person who has never gotten a mark before, it was a terrifying sight to see. especially to jungwoo. a few people in he knows have already gotten a mark and found their soulmate. unlike some of his friends, his came right after he graduated high school. he thought about the time he craved getting a mark in high school so he can feel special or to feel included but now that he has it he doesnt know what to do. more so, he doesnt know exactly what to feel anymore.

5:57 am

jungwoo tried to sleep but he couldn't so he got up and walked towards his bathroom. when he switched on the light, he covered his face and gave a small grunt at how bright the light was. blinding almost. jungwoo's eyes adjusted to the lights and he soon could see his reflection in the mirror. greeted with a messy haired, tired but also irritated reflection of himself, made him sigh. "a total mess." he said, fixing his hair that soon will get messy again once he goes to sleep. well, that's if he can. he looked down at the mark, making a bold statement that it won't go away and it's here to stay. his warm finger tips traced the outline of the mark. his curiosity made him put his hand on top of the handprint, wanting to see the difference between his hand and the mark. his eyes widened when he noticed that the handprint was bigger than his. a pink shade scattered on his cheeks, growing warm and bright. the fact that the handprint was bigger than his own made him think one thing: a guy.

"a...guy?" he softly said out loud. surely, there is no girl with a bigger hand than him, well at least that he knew of. he stared at the mark for a couple seconds before he turned around, heading towards his bed. he placed his left hand on his chest, still shocked that his soulmate is a guy, and probably bigger than him. his mind displayed many possibilities of what his soulmate would looks like. he imagined so many different possibilities that he was blushing again. jungwoo had crushes while in high school but he never confessed. confessing his feelings for someone was never something he would do. its not in his nature to even think about doing it. those crushes he had were just crushes. they didn't matter to him that much because he didn't have a mark back then. but now that he has one, he knows the person behind this mark is for real. no high school crush stuff, it's the real thing. with his ears burning at the thought, he threw himself on his bed and then looked at the clock.

6:23 am

he sighed and sat up. "i should just get ready for work at this point." he grunted and got back up off his bed. the sun began to shine through his curtains but it wasn't something jungwoo wanted to focus on right now. his job was just a normal job everybody gets at after high school to earn enough money to go to college or do whatever they please. jungwoo doesn't really know why he got a job when he doesn't exactly know what his plan is. normally, everybody has a plan already constructed during high school which is completely crazy to jungwoo. he had a hard time every morning trying to figure out what to wear for the day so he couldn't imagine how frustrated he would be trying to figure out what to do with the rest of his life. jungwoo turned on the water and began to undress himself. as he did so, his eyes were drawn to the mark again and his cheeks began to burn a bit. "jeez. stop blushing already, jungwoo. its just a mark." he said to himself. but the butterflies in his stomach disregarded what he said. the fluttery feeling made him giggle a bit, then he hopped into the shower, finishing his routine.

-

pulling his work shirt over his head, he heard the familiar voices of his roommates. "yuta, i already told you to stop doing that." doyoung firmly commented, but yuta just chuckled. jungwoo smiled and then grabbed his stuff. opening the door of his room, he saw doyoung standing in front of yuta with his arms crossed. yuta peered passed his stern friend and waved to jungwoo. "good morning, sunshine!" yuta said with a big smile. "why is doyoung mad at you?" jungwoo asked but just as yuta opened his mouth to explain what happened, doyoung turned around quickly and pushed his glasses up a bit. "this weirdo keeps acting like a cat or some type of animal." doyoung stated, jungwoo raised an eyebrow in confusion and then shifted his eyesight towards yuta who stood there covering his mouth from laughing. "look, look, look. first he got it wrong. i was acting like a tiger. and second, im not doing anything annoying. if anything, its cute." yuta said but doyoung rolled his eyes and left the conversation. as doyoung passed by, yuta leaned in towards doyoung and made a small "rawr" sound, also mimicking paws with his "claws" out.

doyoung leaned away with a disturbed facial expression. jungwoo laughed which caused yuta to join in with the giggles. "thats what you were doing? i'm surprised he hasn't killed you yet." jungwoo said, walking with yuta towards the kitchen. "maybe he doesnt want to admit that it's actually funny or cute to him." yuta shrugged with a smile. the smell of food coming from the kitchen made jungwoo's mouth water. "go ahead and sit down. i'll serve it for you guys." doyoung said. listening to what their friend said, they both sat down at the table and waited patiently for the food. coming with two plates of food, doyoung smiled at jungwoo who clapped in excitement. "you're so nice for serving us. was it my tiger impersonation that made your day?" yuta asked, looking down at the plate of food. doyoung stood there and glared at yuta who nervously smiled. "no, i just didn't want you guys in my way." he said, causing yuta to giggle like a child.