Chapter 30 - Even If It's The End

Start from the beginning

Yusuke glowered at her before sitting back with his arms crossed in front of him.

"Your fault. I'm trying to stay positive here but you ruined it with your pessimistic attitude," Yusuke said with a glare.

But instead of getting angry with that, Riya just let out a laugh. Yusuke stared at her strangely.

"Sorry. But I can't help it. Though I have to thank you for giving me that. It helped me wake up from my trance somehow," Riya said. With that said, she let her head rest on his shoulder.

Yusuke smiled and from behind, placed his hand on her shoulder as he dragged her closer. "I'll always be your big brother, okay? With or without Hiroto-niisan..."

Riya nodded before staring at the field once again.

"You know, I would be extremely jealous if I didn't know you're cousins and found you two like this."

Both Riya and Yusuke were startled and then they turned around. It wasn't a surprise for them to see Kurama smiling at them as the redhead started to approach them.

"Well, it's a good thing you found that out earlier," Yusuke said with a smile before he stood up. "Anyway, better stay with your girlfriend here. She needs you to know now more than ever."

Kurama understood that so he nodded. Yusuke approached him and tapped Kurama's shoulder before leaving them.

Kurama sighed before sitting beside Riya.

"You got up early," Kurama started.

"I had a bad dream..." she responded. After a few seconds, she shook her head gently. "No... more like a nightmare..."

"You too, huh?"

That made Riya look at Kurama. His face has worries etched on it, making her heave a heavy sigh.

"What's going to happen now?" she murmured before shutting her eyes in anguish as thoughts ran in her mind.

The only answer she got so far was a hug from Kurama, in which she gladly returned.

'If only this moment would last, then I wouldn't ask for anything else...' Kurama thought as he relished the comforting aura of his partner. 'I love you, Riya. So much. And I can't afford to lose you in any way...'

But that comforting moment together halted to a stop upon sensing an extremely powerful aura drawing nearer and nearer. Riya pulled away and stood up, facing a certain direction where the clouds started to get dark and gather. And then she looked up, to where the moon was.

"It's starting..." she whispered.

That was when the others arrived—the rest of the team, the wielders, the two demon shinobi siblings, and Botan.

After a short while, Riya materialized the Crystal Spear in her hand and held it close to her before closing her eyes. All of a sudden, the sky grew dark and thunder roared through the sky.

"This is it..." Riya whispered as she opened her eyes and faced the others. "Everyone, get ready," she said.

But before she could take a step forward, she felt someone grab her wrist that making her turn about and face the person who did that.

"Don't overdo it," Kurama said. Riya smiled before nodding.

And with that, all of them headed in the direction where the clouds gather.

'Riya-chan, we need to split up to cover more grounds. Our enemy's attacking in six groups,' she heard Keiko say telepathically which made her stop.