Chapter 2 - A Fated Meeting

The next day...

Kurama slowly opened his eyes and stared at the ceiling for quite some time before he was able to remember what he had dreamed of last night. It had always been the same dream that started last month. Every night, he could see her smiling face, hear her rather lovely voice and look at her purple eyes that sparkled like amethysts.

'That girl I've met five years ago... Why did I dream about her? It's already been a month since I started dreaming about her. And it's always the same... It's always about the winter day I first and last met her.'

He sighed heavily and winced before getting up from his bed. He opened the windows after he drew open the curtains. Then he faced the sun that had barely risen to the sky.

He looked at his alarm clock and it appeared that he woke up thirty minutes earlier than his regular wake-up time. And seriously, this was unlikely to him at all. But what else could he do? That dream was somehow bothering him in a way for days now and Yusuke had noticed it. Though he's not telling them about the dream at all.

No one knew that he had that kind of dream except him. And he had no plans of telling them about it no matter what.

Several knocks on the door snapped him out from his musings and returned his mind to reality. "Yes?"

"Shuichi, are you already awake?" a familiar voice called out from outside his bedroom. It was his mother—or rather his human mother—Minamino Shiori that he loved so much.

He smiled before he answered. "Yes, I am, Mom. I'll be down there as soon as I'm finished fixing myself to get ready for school."

"Alright, then." And then he heard footsteps walking away from that place.

He heaved a heavy sigh before he began getting ready for school. But still, he couldn't help feeling something inside his chest that made him quite uneasy. He knew it has something to do with his recent dreams. But he couldn't tell what.

Whatever it was, he was quite sure of one thing. It will happen very soon.

xxxxxx

Riya smiled as she looked at herself in front of the mirror while wearing her brand new uniform. Starting today, she will be officially transferred to Hanasakura Academy. The white and dark blue uniform she was wearing was actually from that school. She was wearing a long-sleeved white blouse with a red bow, a dark blue blazer having the school's logo, and a pleated skirt matching the blazer's color. From what she had heard, the boys were wearing a long-sleeved white shirt, a black tie, a dark blue coat with a school logo, and tailored trousers matching the coat's color.

And honestly, it does look good on her no matter where she looked at it.

She giggled at the sudden thought that ran into her mind. But then her face turned solemn all of a sudden when she remembered the real reason why she left Hokkaido. It's a good thing that a relative of hers managed to find an apartment for her to stay in for the time being.

'Just until I finished what I have to do,' she thought, and then she sighed. But then before she became even more depressed, her thoughts were disrupted when she heard the front door creak open.

She wasn't felt threatened since she knew who had the spare key to her apartment. In the first place, that person was the one who found that apartment space for her. She faced the mirror once more and when she was satisfied with her looks, she went out of the room.

When she opened the door, she smiled when she found a familiar woman preparing some plates on the dining table. When the woman looked up, she smiled at Riya and approached her.