WHAT DOES "I LOVE YOU" MEAN? 2

"The major gave it to me!"

{Y/n} exclaimed in udder worry. Erwin looked at her, and let go of her wrist and gave a comforting smile. "I understand. I'll be sure to look for it. Don't worry." "Yes but..." "Anyway, you come along with me now. Those are his direct orders..." "Orders..." She repeated, letting the words ring through her head. "I understand."

In the car, Erwin looked out the window watching the trees pass by rapidly. As he looked over to {y/n}, she was facing forward, almost not blinking once. She then broke the silence between them. "Lieutenant...when am I going to receive my next order from the Major? It's just that in my current condition, the duties I'm capable of performing are limited." She said, looking at her bandaged right hand. Just then, Erwin pulled out three stuffed animals. A kitten, a puppy, and a rabbit. "{Y/n}, I bought you a gift. I didn't really know what you'd like so I got three. What do you think?" He asked presenting them to her more. "I don't need them." "Please, I insist. Here, just pretend that the world is going to end, okay? 3...2..." "Then, the puppy." She said before he got to one. "Here." He said, handing it to her. She took it, examined it, and then felt the stuffed toy with her right cheek. He watched her in curiosity then felt the need to ask, "Why did you choose the puppy?" "Because the Major's uncle once told me 'You're actually just like Ackerman's dog'." Erwin looked annoyed when he heard that, seeing that what his uncle said wasn't kind at all. He cleared his throat. "Looks like it's going to be a long journey." Out in the distance of the green meadow and lively trees was an old bridge that crossed an enormous lake. In the middle, it had been destroyed. "The train tracks here were damage during the bombing and aren't useable anymore. Have you ever been to Leiden before?" He asked. "No." She simply said, and bit into the plush's ear. She earned a sincerely confused look from Erwin.

~~~~~~~~~~
She panted heavily in fatigue...trying her best to save her Major, Levi. "{Y/n} listen...you have to...live and be...free." She looked at him with sad eyes, watching as he was bleeding out of his stomach after a bomb went off, sending debris that cut him open. His cheek was cut and he had an open wound on his head. "I mean it..." She whimpered...not knowing what else to do...
~~~~~~~~~~

The seagulls squawked as they flew overhead in the bright and sunny, breezy weather. Erwin went around the boat looking for {y/n}, who was out looking into the ocean, remembering that moment in the battle. "{Y/n}." He called to her, getting her attention. "Lueitenant." She called back, with her arms behind her back and standing in military position. "There it is, the port of Leiden." He said standing next to her, looking out to the port they were arriving to. {Y/n} looked over as well, enjoying the scenery.

Leiden, the capital of leidenschaftlich.

Boats were leaving and arriving, anchoring or unachoring their boats. And {Y/n} was a passenger, getting off along with Erwin. "Levi was thinking all along about what your future would hold after the war. That's why I keep saying he wants you to be with the folks at the Mongolia house. His most trusted relatives." He told her. She heard him but didn't reply, she was captivated by the busy streets of Leiden. Though, it was hard to tell what she was thinking- very hard at that...she was so expressionless.

"I contacted them earlier." He told her, as they were just arriving to the house along the dirt road. The house looked simple, made of red brick, beautiful garden with a brick wall around the perimeter of the house's property. "The husband and wife said they'd be more than happy to take you in. I'm taking you there to meet them now." He rang the doorbell and waited beside her, who had been silent the entire time. A middle aged woman opened the door. Her gray hair was styled into a bun, pearl earrings were worn on her ears and a necklace of pearls around her neck, and a purple dress with a white lace interior and some parts of the exterior. "Thank you for coming." She greeted with a close eyed smile. "This is {Y/n}. And {Y/n}, this is the lady of the Mongolia household." He introduced. "You can say hello." In that moment {Y/n} had saluted, earning a surprised look from both Erwin and the Lady. "Oh, a bow would be good enough." He told her.

They were invited inside for tea. "Doesn't it take around three days from Enchain now?" The Lady asked to Erwin. "Yes. Normally, I'd be able to return in only one day, but the war went on for four years. It's going to take some more time to restore everything." As the Lady listened she took a sip of her tea, then noticed that {Y/n} hadn't touched her cup at all. "Well, {Y/n} dear. Please have a drink." She offered. {Y/n} picked up her cup, but her hand shook very much. The lady gasped. "I'm sorry! Don't force yourself!" Then and there, {Y/n}'s grip on her cup failed and the cup spilt on her bandaged hand and unto the table. "Oh no!" She exclaimed, getting up from from her seat, alarming her Butler. "You'll get burned." She said making her way around the table and over to {Y/n}. "It's not a problem." {Y/n} said, reassuring the lady. "I'm not able to feel the heat." She said, presenting her hand. "But your bandages, we have to cool them down quickly. Oliver, bring some ice." "Yes madam!" The butler said rushing, only to stop. Everyone was in awe as {Y/n} took her bandages off her hands, to reveal prosthetic hands. Both her arms were lost in the war. "These arms are made of adamant silver. They're a bit clumsy, but they're sturdy. I'm not used to them yet, someday I'll be able to use them with no problem though." She explained. The arms glistened in the afternoon rays of sunlight that came in from the window. They looked custom made, with many intricate parts and details. There was a pause, but the lady sighed in relief and smiled. "Can you come this way for a minute?" She asked. In another room, she had a pair of black gloves neatly folded in her petite palms. "I used these gloves when I was younger." She said. "Those are quite nice. Try them on." Erwin said to {Y/n}, who looked at him and back at the gloves. She then put them on. "Yes, they look good on you." Erwin complimented. "They do!" The lady added. Erwin exhaled a small chuckle, watching {Y/n} look at the gloves on her metal palms. "Well I better be going now. I have to get back to the office. {Y/n}, be sure to listen closely to Tiffany." "That's okay." The lady, or Tiffany, cut in. "You don't have to worry about us at all." She turned to {Y/n}. "Think of me as your real mother. You can tell me anything. Okay?"  She said with a smile. "Yes, but I...don't have any parents, and I don't need replacements." She said, more coldly than intended. "D-Don't say that dear...I had a son...but he was killed in the war..." She said melancholy. "I cannot be a replacement for your lost child." {Y/n} said again, but more confirming. "Okay listen {Y/n}, it's Levi's wish for you to live happily here. Do you understand?" He asked. She stayed silent, and gripped her hands tightly together behind her back.

He walked out to the entrance of the house, looking back once more in slight worry, but proceeded to keep going. The door then suddenly burst open, stopping him in his tracks. "The Major! Major Ackerman! Why is he leaving me here?! Is it because I lost my arms? Have I lost my value as a weapon?" She asked frantically. "If I just trained a little, I'd still be able to fight!" She exclaimed, holding her right metal arm...