City girl

Alice walked into a dimly lit bar which she could have sworn to have already been there before and made her way toward a tall blonde woman leaning against the pool table, the only half decent looking person there in Alice's opinion.

"You play?"  questioned the blonde woman who was leaning half way across the table, angling herself to take her shot, not once taking her eye of her target.

"Me? Pffft duh, of course, who doesn't play this thing? Brings me back to collage, you know, hitting balls with sticks" Alice shut herself up as the girl on the opposite side of the table got her target and smiled, the woman was clearly pleased at herself or maybe it was at Alice's humour.

The woman walked around the table. "I'm Pan, and what's your name city girl?" she smirked whilst look down at Alice's trainers against her leather boots.

Alice had recently had her 21st birthday, something every one in the city craved for so the could finally savour in the night life and drink, legally, not that the law had ever stopped Alice from anything she really wanted. On the night of her birthday Alice had dreamt of two women carrying her when she was younger, it was cold and windy but they were protecting her. The only word she could make out was "waves", and then the dream ended. From then on, for the next 6 month Alice had been having dreams similar to the first and all about a place called Purgatory. She had been able to make out a few more words but none of which made sense or would be banded in the house by great aunt Gus, however Alice made sure to write all the words and the dreams down in a diary.

Two days ago Alice had snuck out of the house she shared with her great aunt and taken a bus all the way to here, Purgatory, to find the answers she needed.

"I'm Michelle", one thing Gus had taught Alice that actually stuck in her head was never give your real name to someone you don't know, there is a lot of power within a name, so she stuck with her middle name.

"Nice to meet you Michelle from the city, so show me what you've got." Pan threw the cue stick at Alice who just about caught it and smirked.

"Now this should be fun," she whispered as Alice held the wrong end of the stick.