Chapter 12

I was halfway to the place where the meta was when I heard Jaylyn call out to me in my mind.

"Barry! Barry get back to Star Labs now!" She shouted causing me to stop in my tracks.

"Why what's wrong?" I asked.

"He's here! He's here to get Ralph!" She replied.

"I'm on my way." I exclaimed immediately turning around and running back to Star Labs.

When I got to Star Labs I ran around until I spotted Ralph.

"Ralph you need to get out of here!" I exclaimed.

"What, why?" Ralph asked.

"Devoe is here!" I explained.

"What?! Barry, if anyone should be going its you. Central City needs a speedster. Devoe's new form also might cause some problems when you fight him." Ralph replied.

"Ralph I don't want to have to choose between you two." I explained. "Please don't make me."

"I'm not asking you." Ralph replied.

"Barry look out!" Jaylyn shouted.

I ducked down just in time as the chair flew over my head. When I got up I looked int the direction the chair came from to see Devoe. I froze for a split second as I saw Jaylyn's face.

"Jaylyn I swear to you I will set you free. Just hold on fro me. I-I love you." I thought to Jaylyn.

"I know you will Barr. I love you too." Jaylyn replied.

"You're not taking him, Devoe, I'm losing another friend." I greeted.

"Mr. Allen I am fully aware of Miss Queen's consciousness." He replied.

"Then why take her?" I asked.

"Simple, I needed a form that would catch you off-guard." He explained.

Before I could say anything a tube on Devoe's chair came towards Ralph, only to stop a few inches short. I looked at Devoe to see him struggling.

"No, you can't gain control." Devoe said.

"Jaylyn?" I asked in my mind.

Devoe/Jaylyn's face relaxed a bit but still showed signs of struggle.

"Barry, Ralph go!" Jaylyn said looking directly at me.

"Jaylyn?" I asked.

"Go! I can't hold him off forever!" Jaylyn replied.

"Jaylyn I'm not leaving you." I exclaimed "What if you can't come back once he is in control?"

"Then I'll accept my fate Barr. Go...please...I can't-" Jaylyn replied.

Jaylyn was cut off as Devoe regained control.

"That is quite enough Miss Queen. Now back to business." Devoe replied.

The tube then quickly attached itself to the back of Ralph's head.

"No!" I shouted.

Devoe then took over Ralph, causing Jaylyn to collapse to the floor.