Arc 1.3: The Actor

Start from the beginning

The next morning Kade bought another outfit in the store and a few thins for the kids as gifts leaving him with three hundred and ninety one points and went downstairs to eat breakfast before walking downstairs with the things in a box. Placing the box by the living room Kade walked in the dining room and sat down with everyone to eat. After eating, Kade told the kids to follow him to the living room and sat down in the sofa with the box in his hands as he looked at his cousins that where siting on the floor in front of him with curiosity clear on their faces.

Chuckling, Kade decided to start from the youngest and looked at the three year old twins. Reaching inside the box Kade took out two rag dolls, one in a pink dress and the other in a blue dress. Looking at their glowing eyes, Kade smiled as he gave them the dolls, feeling warmth fill his heart at their happy expressions. 

Continuing with his Santa like actions, Kade turned his gaze at his ten year old cousin and took out a football and a basketball. Giving them to him, Kade watched him take them with a smile and a thank you as he ran with them out the door. Shaking his head, Kade felt amused. Settling his gaze on the last of his cousins, Kade smiled as he took out a shiny silver laptop and placed it in Crissy's hands.

Watching her wide eyed stare, Kade laughed "That's for you to use for school. If you pass your exams, I'll buy you a phone" He said making Crissy even more astonished.

"Where did you get the money for this?" she asked as she looked at her older cousin.

"I got a job in the capital and they gave me some money in advance for my move, so I bought you guys a few gifts." Kade said as he smiled at Crissy.

"You're leaving. Like Caroline." Crissy said after a minute of silence, her mood dropping to an all time low and making the living room grow cold.

"No. Not like Caroline. The laptop has my email already saved and the video call app so all you have to do is send me a message or video call me." Kade said, not surprised at Crissy's rapid change in mood. Crissy loved Caroline since she was small, she wanted to be just like her when she grew up, but then Caroline left without a word. Everyone had freaked out at her sudden disappearance until Crissy saw her on television acting in a drama. Crissy tried to reach out to her through social media, but Caroline always ignored her until she sent Crissy a message, nobody in the family knew what the message said but from then on Crissy would get sudden mood swings when Caroline was mentioned. She would either be sad or angry and it would be unpredictable if she would get violent or disappear for hours.

"Ok" Crissy said as she watched Kade's honest expression, feeling her mood become more stable.

"Also, I'll give you my address, so you can go visit me whenever you want." Kade said as he smiled at Crissy making her lunge at him in a hug whit a smile spread across her beautiful features.

Chuckling, Kade pulled Crissy out the door, "Let's go, I have to go finish some business at school and you have to attend classes in half an hour, so we have to hurry, or you'll be late." He said as he walked with Crissy to school leaving the lazy 101 napping in the couch.

The town they lived in was so small that everyone knew everyone there so when they saw the renewed Kade walking with Crissy they stared hard at him, trying to remember where they had seen him before.

Kade ignored their stares as he chatted with Crissy all the way to the school. Kade walked Crissy to her classroom ignoring the ogling of both girls and guys as they walked through the hallway to the first year classrooms.

Arriving in front of Crissy's classroom, Kade smiled at her, said his goodbyes and turned to go to the principal's office when a voice stopped him mid step.