Diary of Curses

CHAPTER 1

"Isn't Claire so lame! She has no voice!" Kids voices screeched with laughter.

Claire learnt to ignore it. She just kept walking. Life wasn't easy for Claire. On the day of her birth her fathers died in a car accident and then at just 12 months old her mother had died in another car accident. Claire hated cars and never went in them of the fear of being squashed flat in her seat by some maniac driver. But the hardest part of all. Claire had no voice. She longed for one and was so jealous of kids with their beautiful singing voices. She didn't have any friends and just lived with her slightly insane grandmother.

She listened as her shoes clip-clopped on the path. She looked around her and not a person was on the streets. It was always like this. No one ever around but the postman and the occasional car traveling through the streets. She opened the gates to her big house. It was quite lonely in the house. Just Claire her grandmother and her cat Carmen. Claire wanted to move but there was no choice. Her grandmother had an attachment to the house. In fact she loved it so much she never went out of it. Actually all she did was stare out the window and pat Carmen.

CHAPTER 2

Claire walked up to her grandmother and waved. Her grandmother didn't react. She didn't even blink. Sometimes Claire wondered if her grandmother was dead. Claire turned to walk up the stairs to her room but her grandmother put her hand up still staring out the window.

"Claire be a dear and clean the attic. But be careful. The dragon is up there!" Her grandmother said giggling.

Claire walked up stairs. Yep. Defiantly insane. Seriously who keeps a dragon in the attic. Dragons aren't even real. She sighed and made her way up to the attic.

CHAPTER 3

Claire lifted the door to the attic and climbed up. The attic floor creaked as she walked in. It was so dusty and the walls were covered in spider webs. It would take ages to clean this so she got to work quickly. She moved the boxes so she could sweep the floor. Behind one box was Carmen.

How did you get up her Carmen? Claire thought.

Carmen was sitting on something. Claire shooed Carmen away and picked up what she was sitting on. It was a book. Claire blew off the dust to reveal gold writing on the cover 'Violet's Diary'. Claire was amazed. Violet was her mother. She forgot about the attic and went to her room to start reading. She had written about all her life. Claire read all night and the next morning she felt like a ghost.

CHAPTER 4

The next day she couldn't concentrate at all in school and she almost got hit by a car walking home. She decided to take a break before she got hit by another car. She stopped at the park and sat down at a bench. She pulled the diary out of her bag and continued reading. She almost finished the diary. But it shouldn't have been that early.

Dear Diary,

Sorry but I can't write today. Things are too busy with Claire. We are planning her party and there is so much to do.

Claire stayed at the park reading until late. She didn't notice that at home her grandmother was worried sick. So worry in fact that she fainted. Claire flipped the page but as she did she felt her head spin. She shut her eyes but the moment she opened them she found herself in a completely different place.

CHAPTER 5

Right beside her was her mother. Claire stepped in front of her jumping with joy but she just walked right through her. Claire turned to look at her mother confused. In her mother's arms was a small baby. It was Claire.

How can this be happening? Though Claire.

Claire looked up startled as a crack of thunder hit the skies. It started pouring down with rain and her mother started to run. Claire followed her but stopped. There was a strange man in the distance. She didn't know why but she knew this was trouble.

He put out an arm to stop her mother as she was running past.

"Hello Violet." He said.

"I've told you about a million times already! You cannot have my voice!"

Voice? Why would he want her voice? Claire thought.

"But you know I will give you everything you want in return." The man said stepping forward, making Violet step back.

"No! I will never ever give it to you so just give up!"

"Alright then." Said man stepping forward yet again which made her mother step back so far she almost fall off the cliff behind her.

Claire tried to scream but of course nothing came out. She watched as the man took out a knife. Her mother turned pale. She took off her fake diamond necklace and turned. She opened the big diamond in the middle and said:

"Alright. I'll give you my voice."

Then she closed it shut and slipped it around the baby's neck. Claire reached up and felt her own necklace. It was the exact same one her mother had put on her. Violet put the baby down and stepped back once more falling down over the cliff.

CHAPTER 6

Claire felt dizzy again and in a few seconds was back at the park. She took her necklace off and opened the big diamond in the middle. She breathed in and she found her voice. Well not hers, her mother's.

The journey back home was scary and she couldn't see much. She ran through the doorway and gave her grandmother a big hug.

"You're home." Her grandmother said hugging Claire back.

" Grandmother I have mum's voice!"

THE END