Wild Ones 1

"This is my son! And you will find him!" I screamed in my partner, Brad's, face.

"Reed, we're doing everything we can to-"

"No! Do not give me that bullshit! You have lists of suspects, track my baby down!"

"Reed!" Zane's voice behind me stopped me short as I spun to rush towards him and the security that was trying to keep him from me.

"For Christs' sake let him go!" I shoved the guard closest to me.

"Ma'am every visitor must be-"

"I understand the rules. Do you understand who I am?"

"Ma'am,"

"He's fine." Brad said coming up behind me. "Go back to your posts please. Maybe stop a real intruder."

I rushed into Zane's arms, burying my face in his chest to hide the tears streaming down my face.

"Reed, you of all people, knows that we can't just bang down an entire list of peoples' doors."

I nodded into Zane's chest as another sob shook me.

"We will find him Reed. Zane." I felt Zane nod at Brad. They had an uneasy truce between them. Zane understood what my job meant to me and Brad understood that outside of work I could be whoever I chose to be. Brad and I had been partners for seven years, two years longer than I'd known Zane. "Take her home."

"No! I can help!" I burst out, tearing myself out of Zane's arms and furiously wiping my face.

"I will let you know if we get a real lead, for now go home, you won't do anyone any good if you can't function." Brad stared straight at me, not letting me hide from the truth. "You are not a superhero Reed, eat, shower, try to sleep. We will find Jace."

I nodded slowly, tears sliding down my cheeks silently. I knew that Brad would do everything he could and then some, he'd find my son.

Zane grabbed my hand and kissed my forehead. Nodding at Brad before leading me away. I looked up at my husband, studied his face, seeing the fear etched there tore my heart in two. It reaffirmed my fears and made me need to be near him all the more. We'd had a hard road together, but it had always been worth it.

"I'll get one of the boys to pick up your car."

"Cam." I suggested and he nodded in response. Cameron was the only member of his club that understood how to act at my workplace and he was already a registered visitor. I generally didn't mix my personal and professional lives, they conflicted, but shit happens. Often, in our lives. I climbed onto Zane's bike behind him, $300 suit and all, clinging to his back as he headed towards our home just outside of the city. It was a sort of halfway point for us. I worked in the city and his club operated in the far more rural areas. I took a deep breath as I listened to the pounding of Zane's heart under my ear. I loved the feeling of riding with him. When we met, I hadn't been on a motorcycle since before college. It had always been a secret obsession of mine, but I just never trusted another person enough to leave my life in their hands. I had gone undercover, trying to get in with Zane's club to investigate some Russians they were dealing with. I knew that everything about Zane and his club should have been wrong to me. But I worked to stop international criminals, Zane didn't fit my work profile. After a roller coaster of a case, I realized he did fit my personal profile. Zane wasn't a bad man. True enough there was blood on his hands, but there was blood on mine too, more actually. When he pulled into our drive, I noticed there were a couple other bikes out front. A few I recognized, but there were a couple I couldn't place. I guess Zane called in reinforcements. Climbing off the bike, I handed my helmet to Zane before heading in to change and get started on finding our son. Brad could think what he wanted, I wasn't going to sleep while my baby was out there god knows where with god knows who.

When I had changed into a pair of jeans shorts, a tank printed with the club's name and my favorite leather boots, I put my hair up in a messy bun and made my way to the kitchen. Zane met me just inside the doorway.

"My wife, Reed. Reed, this is Jax, Saul, and Mark, presidents of chapters in the area. Everyone else you know." I nodded to the three new men, who nodded back, and tried to smile at our men who looked at me sadly before coming to envelope me in hugs. Gabriel was last, waiting behind everyone and stepping up after the last person made their way back to their spot. I hugged him tightly as he laid his lips on the top of my head. Gabriel was my younger brother and Zane's second in command. As he let me go he grabbed my hand and entwined his pinkie with mine. It was a symbol of the promise we had made as children to keep each other safe. As conflicting as my life got sometimes between the club and my loyalties to my country, there will always be some simple truths that keep me sane. A big one is that Gabriel and I would always have each other and we would always give up anything and everything for the other. I knew he was hurting as much as I was right now.

"Anyone else want a cup of coffee?" I asked as I moved to pick up the pot to start a new batch.

"I'll get it." Gabriel looked over my head at Zane meaningfully and I caught Zane's slight shrug out of the corner of my eye.

"I'm fine!" I insisted glaring at both of them.

"Let him do it." Zane said calmly wrapping an arm around my waist and tugging me to stand with him against the wall beside the doorway. I let him hold me there because I had as much need of his touch as he had of mine. We needed to keep each other standing through this. Before we'd had Jace, Zane and I had known that something like this could happen. With as many enemies as we have collectively, it has always been a very real possibility, but we'd always been extra cautious for that exact reason. "As you all are aware by now, our son, Jace has been kidnapped. On Reed's end, her partner is heading up a full investigation into every possible suspect we could think of. But this is our son and we are not going to sit idly by. So everyone keep your eyes and ears open. Her partner is inclined to believe it's those Russian Mafia we had the pleasure of dealing with a few years back, but we're not committed to that theory just yet, so anyone hears anything, anything at all, I want to know immediately."

****Anyone have any opinions? Love it? Hate it? It's still forming in my head, the characters aren't solid yet. Comment. Vote. xoxoLuxie****