Part 2 (Addison's POV)

At lunch that day, I walked in happy. It was halfway through the day. A couple more hours until cheer tryouts.

Bucky, Stacey, Tracy and Lacey called me over to their table. Only they were at the table. They saved a lot more seats for both zombies and humans who wanted to sit there. I smiled at Bucky and sat next to him.

Soon, Eliza, Zed and Bonzo entered. Zed sat next to me, and Bonzo sat across from him, next to Bree. Eliza sat on the other side of me.

"So about cheer," Bucky said.

"Yes?" We were all looking at Bucky.

"Ms. Lee doesn't know if she want me to be the captain again. With my whole 'zombie-hating outbursts' and everything."

"What?" Everyone was looking at me now. "They can't! You've changed! Every human here has hated zombies at least once in their lives! But you changed, and everyone else has too! Why are we even having this conversation?"

"But I was worse than everyone else," Bucky told me. "Almost everyone else silently hated zombies. I hated them loudly. Very, very loudly."

"This argument is ridiculous," I shook my head. "You're the best captain this school has ever seen."

Bucky sighed. "I'm sorry, Addie. I can't do anything about it at this point. They don't have a new captain yet, but they're holding the auditions for one at the same time that they're doing regular cheer auditions."

I got an idea. "So, you say that you can't do anything about it. But what if I can? If there's one human who loves zombies the most, it would be me. I'd do only the best thing for them, and everyone knows that. What if I tried to make you captain once again? Don't you think that would work?"

"She's probably right," Zed agreed. "It more than likely would."

"Yeah," Eliza said. "Addison needs to go to Ms. Lee right now and get him back into the spot as captain."

Bucky smiled and leaned over to Tracey, who was closest to him. "Are the zombies actually helping me gain back my spot as captain?" he whispered.

"Be thankful," Tracey whispered back. The zombies were totally oblivious that they were having this conversation.

Bucky sat up and looked at me. "If that's what you want to do, I suggest you do it now, before it's too late."

Zed looked at me. "Yeah," he replied, "he's right. Go."

I smiled at Bucky and got up from my chair. I walked out of the cafeteria. I didn't know how well this would turn out in the end, but I hoped it would be good.

I entered the office, where the school secretary, Mrs. Reamy, was sitting at her desk. "Hey Mrs. Reamy," I said. "Do you know where Ms. Lee is?"

"Right now she's in her office," Mrs. Reamy told me.

"Great," I replied. "Thanks." I entered the office.

"Hi Addison," she said. "I figured that you would come in once you found out what I decided. What's your argument?"

"My argument," I said, "is that he's changed. He just had a raging hate for zombies. Everyone did at some point in their lives. And he's changed. Just like everyone else. Trust me. He's a better person."

Ms. Lee looked at me. "Why are you defending him?" she asked. "You saw how he treated the zombies. If anything, I would have thought you were going to defend the zombies, not Bucky."

"Well, you thought wrong. Because I know he's changed. And you should too. That's my argument, and I'm not changing it. I want you- no, I need you to make him captain again. Please."

"If that's what you want," Ms. Lee said. "But I need to cancel tryouts for captain then."

"Okay," I replied. "Thanks so much." I walked back to the cafeteria and sat in my seat. I was so happy that I could burst.

"So what's the plan?" Bucky asked.

"You're captain!" I grinned.

Bucky laughed in happiness. "Yes! Thank you so much Addie!" He squeezed my hand in thanks and grinned.