Chapter 3•skipping work

Next morning

Alex woke up facing toward a sleeping Piper and baby. She smiled and whispered to her, "someday pipes, someday." Alex grinned hard like an idiot playing with pipers blonde hair. Pipers eyes slowly fluttered open as she stretched. "Getting ready producer Vause?" Piper joked while chuckling and sitting up. "yes but not for that job. I have class starting at 8. Teaching these dumbass college children that don't know a thing." Alex said stretching as piper laughed. "Okay, what time is it now?" "It is......6:43" Alex stayed there leaning on her right arm staring at piper, scanning her body. "You'd better get up and stop undressing me with your eyes." Piper said playfully pushing Alex's shoulder.

Piper got up and started walking to the bathroom before being called back by Alex. "Hey where's your phone?" Alex sat up and put her hair back into a neat ponytail. Piper started walking backwards and Alex laughed at her. "It's right... here" she pulled it from under the pillow she slept on and handing it to Alex. "0515" "what is that?" Alex laughed and entered the pin. "Vanessa birthday." Piper started walking back to the bathroom. "Little March baby." Alex chuckled and lightly pinched Nessas cheek. She put her name and number in pipers phone and sat it on her pillow without turning it off. She heard the toilet flush and stood up going to the closet to get clothes. 1 minute later piper came out and Alex walked in eyeing piper and smirking. "Took you long enough. Put some clothes on gosh." Alex said sarcastically laughing. Piper laughed at her and went back to the bed. She picked her tights up off the floor and put them on. She realized her phone wasn't off so she looked at it and picked it up and read 'Al☺️💋' that made piper smile really hard and She texted the number;
Hi beautiful!!
She chuckled and turned her phone off. Piper lifted her left knee up onto the side of the bed still standing and leaned over for her child. "Come on my sweet baby. We're gonna change you, give you a nice bath maybe watch a few movies and eat while the nice woman Alex goes to work . I'm not sure what i'm gonna eat though" Piper laughed to herself. She changed her diaper and took her clothes off to hold her red, hot body. Piper gasped as she held her on her shoulder. "Oh my baby." This was the first time piper had ever experienced her child sick, considering she was only 2 weeks soon 3.

Alex had been standing in the doorway watching them for a while. She then got worried and wanted to know what was wrong. "What's wrong with her?" She asked sitting on the bed next to where piper was standing. Piper started to overthink. She sighed and sounded really worried talking super fast. "I don't know I think she has a fever because she's really hot and I don't have any other clothes for her so she'll just get even more sick and then she'll have to st.." Alex put her finger on her lips for her to stop talking. Piper exhaled a breath she had been holding. And tears started to roll down her face. "Hey, hey, hey. I promise she'll be fine. I'll make sure of it. She's tough like her mommy." Alex softly punched Piper's shoulder as she plopped on the bed. What Alex said made piper smile a bit. She wiped pipers tears and rubbed Vanessa's face. She gave piper an idea that she kind of liked. " okay look how about I call the dean at the college and tell him that my child is sick or something and she has to got to the hospital. I can go into work a little late okay? We TOGETHER will make sure that this beautiful child is okay. I got you." The words 'I got you' played in pipers head for a while. The 3 of them sat there on the edge of the bed cuddled in silence until Alex spoke.

"Starbucks." Piper got out of her grip and looked at her puzzled. "What about it?" She lightly chuckled and laid her head back on Alex's shoulder. "You told her you didn't know what you were gonna eat. Do you want Starbucks?"
"Sounds good. But what will we eat?" She lifted her child onto her shoulder and softly patted her bare back.
"I'll cook silly. Anything you want. But for now we should get going to see about her, come on." Alex stood up and grabbed pipers hand.