14 | Discovering Elliott

Start from the beginning

Will voiced his opinion, "What are you so afraid of? Is it really so bad being friends with Max."

Mike shrugged his shoulders, "She's Mayfield, I'm Wheeler. We don't like each other, that's just how it always has been. We're not friends, we're not nice to each other. Why should I apologize?"

"You're so frustrating sometimes. She clearly helped you when the Billy thing happened and you weren't exactly pushing her away then. In fact, if I remember correctly she was the only person you would talk to."

"Don't bring that up. That was a one-time thing." Mike warned.

"Why? Why not?" Will challenged clearly not buying Mikes bullshit answer.

"Just don't," Mike yelled.

Will put up his hands in surrender, not in the mood to start an argument with his best friend, "Fine, but one day you'll be sorry you weren't nicer to her sooner."

Will walked out of the room after that and Mike slowly trudged after him thoughts of a certain redhead swirling around his head.

"Why do I feel like this?" Max questioned bellyflopped on her bed, turning to face the girl laying next to her.

Annika gave Max a pointed stare, "It's obvious Max. You like him."

If Max had been drinking water it would have exploded out of her mouth and most likely would have chocked on it, "What? I do not!" She chocked, her heart hammering against her chest.

"But you do."

Max's breathing had intensified and a bright pink blush centered around her cheeks as she threw a pillow at the unsuspecting girl "I DO NOT!"

Annika laughed as the pillow hit her, pushing aside to look at Max, "It's okay Max. It's okay to like him ya'know? Mike isn't Elliott."

Max took a sharp intake of breath all the humor leaving her face as she remembered her closest friend Elliott from California. She felt all the memories they had shared together flash before her eyes, Elliott and her racing each other on their skateboards, Elliott and her bickering about the latest episode of Gilmore Girls, Elliott holding her as she sat scared on the top of the stairs listening to her parents screaming at each other, Elliott squeezing her hand as they watched her mother remarry, Elliott pulling her into a hug as she sat on the hospital bed next to him, sobs wracking through both their bodies because they both knew they didn't have much time left with each other, it was Elliott whose funeral she had attended that gloomy day, face awash with tears as she looked down at the boy within the casket, the boy she had called her best friend. She had to take a moment to collect herself before she spoke her voice sharper than she intended,

"I know he isn't okay? So just drop it."

Initially, Annika looked hurt but Max could have sworn she saw the girls eyes fill with anger for the briefest of moments before her face became void of emotion.

"Sorry I-" Max began to apologize but Annika brushed it off, "It's fine to let's just go back to talking about why you think someone is following you."

Still feeling guilty about snapping at her, Max dove into the story of her walking home from school and the reasons she had thought someone might show interest in her, while still trying to refrain from telling Annika big details such as the whole multi-dimension monster issue. After all, how do you explain to someone that you have trust issues because a lab experimented on people unwillingly, and opened a whole portal of unhuman creatures, creating another dimension entirely? The answer is simple, you don't.

Hello my loves! After a long long long break, I am back! First off, Happy New Year! It's crazy that it's all ready 2019, where has time gone? Anyways, I wanted to thank you guys on 15,000+ reads, that's insane! Thank you for your continued support...

Hello my loves! After a long long long break, I am back! First off, Happy New Year! It's crazy that it's all ready 2019, where has time gone? Anyways, I wanted to thank you guys on 15,000+ reads, that's insane! Thank you for your continued support on this book, it truly means the world. We are about to hit one year on this book, and I want to say a special thank you to those of you who have been here from day one, you are the reason that this book is still here, you are my motivation. As usual please let me know if there are any spelling/grammar mistakes. Thanks for reading!

DON'T BE A SILENT READER!

VOTE & COMMENT.

© all rights to stranger things & flames. 2018-2019.

 2018-2019