Prepping for Roadtrip

<-Katniss's POV--<<

Ever since we surprised Annie with the road trip, we have been prepping. Packing. Planning. Getting ready to go all the to California! I hope that Annie can get better by then. Or else it is gonna be a pain in the ass.

Peeta knocks on the door, awakening me from my thoughts. "Oh, hey Peeta. What's up?" I ask, opening the door and letting him in.

"Making sure you have everything. I have the car waiting outside. It's time to go," he tells me.

I nod and run upstairs. I grab my bags and launch myself downstairs. I yell bye to my family and race to the car against Peeta. I win.

"I win!" I shout in his face, a bit too smugly.

"Well someone is not getting help with her bags," he retorts. I stick out my pouty lip and give him puppy dog eyes. He smiles and sighs. I help him lift them up and slam the trunk.

"What's the plan?" I ask him, climbing into the passenger seat.

"Well, we are going to go to the grocery store and hunt elephants, and- fine. We are going to Finnick's place and then separate and start off."

"Cool," I say. Then I crank up the radio. A song by Survivor comes on.

"IT'S THE EYE OF THE TIGER IT'S THE THRILL OF THE FIGHT RISING UP TO THE CHALLENGE OF OUR RIVALS AND THE LAST KNOWN SURVIVOR STALKS HIS PREY IN THE NIGHT AND HE'S WATCHING US ALL WITH THE EYE OF THE TIGER!!!!!!!!!!!" I sing. I smile happily.

Before I know it, we're at Finnick's place. I yank myself out of the car, and wait for Peeta. We sprint to the door. I win again.

We push the door open, and see Gale, Johanna, Madge, Cato, Clove, Marvel, Glimmer, Thresh, and Foxface all in the living room hanging out. I go into the kitchen, hoping for some food.

"Hey guys! Where is Finnick and Annie?" I shout to them from where I stand.

"In the bedroom," Fox responds, her cheeks a bright red.

I giggle and motion for all of them to follow me. We sneak up the stairs to Finnick's room. Gale silently counts to three, then Cato slams in the door. What we see makes us all scream. The boys start covering our eyes. We might have interrupted them, um, doing something.

We all scramble from the room still screaming. I can hear laughing and I turn around to face the two. They are fully clothed and as laughing their heads off. Annie is even wheezing.

"What did you two do!?" I ask, well more like shout. God, I sound a lot like Jo right now.

"We tricked you!!" They both shout. I stare at them in shock and confusion. "We, we- we were talking and wanted space. We knew that y'all are nasties so we pretended by covering ourselves with a blanket. Y'all broke in and so we broke down and at coming out clean," Annie wheezes.

Jo gives Finnick a slap on the head and we all jump, fall, run, and walk down the stairs. When we get to the living room, we make sure none of Annie's cords are tangled up. Then Finnick starts talking.

"Well. There are a couple groups. One group is Cato, Clove, Glimmer, and Marvel in Cato's car. Another is Madge, Gale, Jo, Thresh, and Fox in Thresh's car. Finally there is me, Kit-Kat, Annie, and Peet in my car. Don't ask questions. Get your bags, get in your car, and then we'll start driving," Finnick spills.

We all scramble to grab our stuff. I pull all of mine to Finnick's car. We slam all of the stuff in, and all pile in. Peeta is in the passenger seat with Finnick driving. Annie and all her medical stuff in the back with me.

I put in my earbuds and Hero by Skillet starts playing. I get quite bored and loom out the now rain-speckled window. We are already on the road. I start to hum along to It's Time by Imagine Dragons. Then as I start to fall asleep, I feel a huge impact knock the wind out of me. Then I see black.

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

OMQ!!!!! Guysssssssss. 1k READS!!! I'M SO HAPPY! Literally, remember that thought would only get like 40 reads. But 1k reads. Thank you!!!!!

I'll try to update.

Kisses!

Pond