Here goes nothing.

I glance at the boxes on my bed, before putting the last bit of my stuff inside of it. I look around my bare bedroom and let out a sigh.
I didn't want it to be like this, I didn't want to leave my home, my friends... my life.

"Are you all ready?" I turned around to the familiar voice of my best friend Adam. I half-heartedly smiled up at him and with another sigh I nodded.

He looked at me sadness clouded his eyes, with a knowing look he walked over to me and wrapped his arms around my small frame and pulled me into one of his tight hugs. I let myself sink into him, sinking in the feeling for the very last time.

"We shall see again" I chucked when I heard the smile in his voice.

"I'm going to miss this" I felt him nod, I'm going to miss the warmth radiating of his skin, the sound of his laugh, the smile that's always on his face.

"Look at me" I slowly peered up at Adam to see him squinting his soft green eyes at me "if you ever need me, I'm only a call away-"

"More like thousand miles away" Adam rolled his eyes at my comment but continued anyway...

"I'm always her for you Em, I love you" I smile at the words, a lump beginning to form in the back of my throat. I won't cry, I won't let myself.

Nodding I let Adam grab the rest of the boxes of the bed, as he continued downstairs I had one last long look at what used to be my bedroom, at what used to be full of pictures and comfort as soon as you entered the room. Now, it's just bare, it's like no one ever lived in here, it's fresh for the new one to come along and decorate it with their own life stories.

Walking down the hall, I glance at the door. I let my hand touch over the letters grazed into the white frame 'Jason' my thumb trailers over the letters slowly as I close my eyes.

— flashback —

"Hey wait up!" I pant out, chasing after the brown haired boy running before me. Laughing I stop to catch a breath as the boy turned around with a huge smiling plastering his face.

"Slow coach" he laughed, the dimples in his cheeks showed up with the creases by his eyes as he smiled. I can't help but smile back, his smile was so contagious.

He came walking towards me and ruffled my hair "hey" I patted his hands away "stop" I finished with a giggle.

"Want ice cream?" Jason said with a smile, I nodded my head eagerly as I followed my brother into the house.

flashback over —

My heart clenches with the memory of my brother flashed through my head, I miss him so much.

"Come on" my father yelled from downstairs. I jumped at the sound of his voice, I took a jog for the stairs and set out of the house with giving my best friend one final hug I got into the van.

Here goes nothing I guess.