Fear is How I Fall

"Brad, we've gotta go, now!"

"Wha- Why?"

"Now, I'll explain later! Get your things, we've gotta get to Mike's, he's just down the street."

Brad looks at Rob questioningly but complies in haste, going out the window to follow Rob and climb down the fire escape. 

"Be careful, but hurry, dude!"

Rob grab's the back of Brad's legs gently, helping him down, and they both get safely on the ground. 

"We can't stop, we've gotta go now!"

Rob takes Brad's hand and runs as fast as he can down the block, until arriving at Mike's apartment down the street, banging on the door as loud as possible. 

"Mike! Michael Kenji Shinoda, get your ass up! Michael!"

"What the fuck-" came a muffled voice from behind the door. 

"Mike, please!" 

The door suddenly opened to reveal a disheveled Mike in boxers and wild hair. Rob couldn't lie that for a split second, his eyes glanced down lower and snapped back into reality. 

"Mike we need a place to stay, please."

"Wha-Why, you have your own place? Brad, what the fuck happened to you? Robert, what is going on?" He then notices Rob and Brad's linked hands. 

"Mike, please. I'll explain this all, but you've gotta let us in."

Mike stood aside and let the boys crumble in, Brad tearing up. 

"Rob, you wouldn't even tell me what was going on. Please, what's going on? Why did we run?"

Rob took a deep breath and bit his lip, whispering. 

"There's a reason you got jumped last night. Those people that jumped you, I've been involved with them.. They were trying to get to me. And they came to the house too.."

Brad froze and Mike dropped his jaw, glaring at the drummer. 

To Be Continued. 

Sorry for the extremely short chapter, but this was just a little taste as to what's to come.