Stones

I remember it vaguely, I was just wondering the place, because at the time I had nothing to do. As I walked out of the forest, all I saw was a person, skipping stones across the river. He seemed to be having trouble, which made me smirk. I'm gonna show him how it's done. With a simple toss, my stone skipped three times on the water, before landing on the other side of the river. I smiled, kindly. 

"Just aim a bit higher, that's the trick."

He scoffed, looking a lot more upset than I was expecting. I suppose my appearance both scared him and pissed him off. He must have been practicing, which is why my skipping succeeded in one try, got him set off.

"Sure, when you put it that way, it sounds so easy! I mean, who do you think you are, sneaking on me like that?! You tryin' to kill me?!"

His response got me suddenly sad, I slowly slid to the ground, with my hands on my knees, I guess I can get easily depressed around someone I think I could be friends with. He yelled out, once again.

"Hey! I'm still talking to you! Do you get depressed that easily?! I asked what your name is!"

I slowly looked back up at the impatient kid with the curly black hair, he was going to joke around, but I wasn't sure about trusting him yet.

"You first..."

He groaned

"Well, my name is Madara, my surname's staying a secret, so don't ask about that one."

It was obvious to me that he was going to keep whatever his clan was a secret, it's what everyone did, and I wasn't going to shame him for it. Madara cleared his throat impatiently.

"Well?"

I got up quickly, stuttering with my words.

"Uh- W-Well- My name is-"

He yelled, once again.

"Out with it!"

"Hashirama!"

Madara had a smirk on his face, as he hucked another stone, this time it landing perfectly other side.

"Well, Hashirama... I made it to the other side. Your advice worked."

I smiled, kindly. Madara seemed happy about something, I guess his happiness is contagious.

"I skip stones a lot here, it's fun. Madara, was it?"

He nodded, and he tossed a small stone in his hand, he tossed another one across the river. He sighed.

"If only everyone was like you, Hashirama. It would've changed this world. That's a dream of mine."

My shocked expression was something I didn't control, I looked to the side, thinking. I wonder, is he like me?

"Do you dream often, Madara?"

"Yeah, I really do. I want to change this world."

I looked down, thinking again. However, I suppose it made me look depressed because Madara pointed at me.

"Hey! What'd I do THIS time?!"

"Oh! I'm not depressed, Madara! I was just thinking... I have a very similar dream, I want to build a home, a village. Where everyone can get along and..."

I looked at Madara's face and he looked like I was crazy, but then he laughed, readjusting his hair.

"Sorry, you were getting passionate, and I guess you were waiting for a response. It sounds like a nice dream, I hope you accomplish it."

My face was blank before it went into a smile, I was quickly interrupted when I saw something floating in the river.

"Hey, what's that?"

I walked towards the river, and infused my chakra so I can walk on the water. I saw a body floating onto the surface of water. I flipped the body over and gasped.

"This was fun, but I gotta go. See you, Madara!"

I had to make it back to the clan village before the Uchiha attacks us. That was the corpse of someone from the Senju clan.