"I'm sorry."

"I'm not." She smiled at him before turning to the barista and ordering her drink. She was very polite and made a good conversation with the employee. The lady seemed relieved to not have another rude and demanding costumer rather, a nice and friendly one.

"Well, Blythe it was nice to meet you."

"Like wise Sam."

"You know, I'd really like to get to know you more." He said sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck. He didn't mean as something besides a friendship but as a coworker in the air force. It was nice to have people that know what you've been through and understand. He knew countless people that he counted on and counted on him during moments of despair and nostalgia. She threw her head back slightly, laughing as she grabbed her Carmel Frappuccino with extra whip. She whipped out her phone and went to her contacts, taping swiftly as he orders a straight black coffee. He was just as polite to the lady behind the counter and even through a $5 in the tip jar. He turned back to the woman besides him and took a sip of his coffee.

                              Blythe handed her phone to Sam and his to her. She typed in her name, number and snapped a quick selfie for the picture. He took a silly one of himself and handed her phone back and laughed at her picture as well. Her tongue stuck out and eyes crossed.  After she got her iPhone back she smiled at Sam, gently nodding her head at the man.

"Goodbye, Sam. I'll talk to you later."

"See ya, Blythe." He waved at her and she did a two finger mock salute before walking out the door and to her car. Stepping into her car she started it up and pulled on to the busy New York streets. After twenty long minutes of heavy traffic and annoying blaring horns, the woman pulled up to the Air Force Recruitment office. Grabbing her phone and keys she steps out of her silver Lexus and goes to the front desk.

"Hey Kailey." A red headed woman looks at Blythe from behind her wide wire glasses, pausing from reading the thick book in her hands. Her eyes widened quickly before shooting up from her office chair.

"BLYTHE!!! YOUR BACK!" The red head jumped the counter and collided with the Carmel haired beauty. With a slightly oof, the two girls fell on the floor. After the few seconds of initial shock, they both broke out into laughter as Kailey rolled off of her bunk mate and best friend. 

Kailey Loon and Blythe Jones met when Kailey was twenty and Blythe was eighteen and both joined the Air Force. They were put in the same regime and had hit it off when they were assigned the same bunk in Afganistan. Kailey was automatically the life of the cabin. She danced around, was amazingly spunky, crazily bubbly, was always smiling, and held a child like air to her actions. Which was why when needed, she could easily fool and manipulate an opounent. Blythe on the other hand was more shy and reserved when first met. She often volunteered herself on missions and quickly got a rep for being fearless. This was altered one night when she found a huge wolf spider on her bed and nearly started crying in fear. Blythe was the comedic relief and was often sought when one needed support. The two girls caused plenty of trouble together when they weren't on the active line.

Blythe held her stomach while she laughed and Kailey, her head. The girls easily ignored the glances they were sent and quickly helped each other up. Blythe brushed of her skirt while Kailey picked up her book. 

"When the heck did you get back?!"

"Last night at about eleven. I was going to text you but I figured you'd be asleep plus, I knew Yutzy would call me in so I'd get to see you." The woman shrugged and set her elbows on the desk, grinning at her friend.

"Well, if Yutzy called you in I'd better let you get going but, we definitely need to catch up now! I haven't seen you in like forever!!!" Blythe's grin broke into a fit of laughter as she nodded her head at the other woman.

"Yes we do. How about we go for a run tomorrow and then head back to my place and watch movies all day? Sound like a plan?"

"Ooh girl, you know me so well! Yes of course but, we positively have to watch a Disney movie! Deal?"

"Oh alright. I'll pick you up at 006 hours okay?" Blythe grinned as Kailey enthusiastically nodded her head and they did their handshake. Walking back to Yutzy's office she waved and took in a deep breathe. Man, she was glad to be back.