Chapter 3

Krystel

"Everybody, quiet please," said Ms. Kyndel, interrupting me from my little daydream. I looked up and noticed a girl standing next to her. This had to be the new girl. I looked at her and the first thing I noticed was how pretty she was. She had really dark hair and deep green eyes. She was smiling and had the cutest dimples ever. I love dimples.

"We have a new student today, class. Let's all say hi to Sheryl Kennedy," she said enthusiastically. Everybody just mumbled hi. "That's the best you will get I'm afraid Sheryl, please take a seat."

Sheryl made her way to the only empty seat there was, at the back, next to me. She must have seen me looking at her because she smiled. I smiled back and looked away. Although I wasn't really paying much attention to class, I was still tired. I must go to sleep earlier because I stay up late doing absolutely nothing and the next day regret it.

××××××××××××

Lunch time soon came so I headed to the cafeteria and sat down with the other guys.

"Hey guys, what's goin' on?"

"Oh not much, I was just saying how up herself the new girl is," said Angela. I sat down and started eating my lunch.

"So have you met her then?" I asked curiously.

"Oh yeah, Joey and I bumped into her this morning. She came across very bitchy and she definitely loves herself, doesn't she, Joey?" Joey looked a bit confused.

"What? She didn't seem that bad," he said sheepishly. I think he was sometimes scared to open his mouth in front of Angela. I have to admit she does go on sometimes. She is one of these people who are always right. You know this type of person, right?

"Oh Joey is just being nice, she's horrible," she snapped. "Oh, look! Speaking of the devil...". She nodded her head in the direction of Sheryl. We all looked over, she was sitting by herself. Justin then changed the conversation and started talking about football. We soon finished after that and got up to leave. Angela couldn't help walking past where Sheryl was sitting. She laughed then pretended to trip spilling water over Sheryl's lunch.

"Oh God, I'm so sorry." She and Paige laughed. Why was Paige laughing? We all walked off and the guys went their seperate ways. I couldn't believe Paige was encouraging Angela. "Oh lighten up Krystel, it's a bit of fun."

"Yeah, it's just a laugh, Krys." Paige grinned.

"I expected this from you, Angela, but Paige, I didn't think you were like that."

I got up and walked away from them and back in the cafeteria. I headed over to Sheryl.

"What do you want?" she said before I even sat down.

"Hey, I'm Krystel. I just wanna apologise for that. Can I buy you lunch to make it up?" I said smiling.

"I'm not that hungry now, but thanks anyway. So what's the deal with your friends? Are you the popular bitchy crowd, I take it? Getting all excited now that you have fresh meat?" she still sounded a bit pissed. I sat down beside her.

"Well, Angela is a bitch, I won't deny that. But the rest of us are actually nice."

"Oh, what about the other girl that found it hilarious?"

"That was Paige, and that's really out of character for her, to be honest I think quite a lot of people are a bit scared to get on the wrong side of Angela."

"Oh right, well, if she thinks I'm scared she can think again."

And with that she got up and walked away.