Love Hurts (Feeling Soulmate's Pain AU)

Začít od začátku

"Good morning!" Y/N practically sang as she heard footsteps approaching.

"Morning, love. I brought some cinnamon rolls and coffee for us and Tom." Harrison smiled as he set down the items on the kitchen counter.

"You know my birthday's tomorrow, right?" She let out a small laugh before picking up a cup of coffee.

"Of course, I know, but we can always celebrate early!" He said as he watched her take off the lid to add a bit of cream and sugar.

"Though, this saves me from brewing a pot! And thank you!" She placed the lid back onto the cup and took a sip, savoring the warmth of the caffeinated drink.

As Y/N and Harrison started eating the cinnamon rolls, Tom walked in rubbing his eyes as a feeble attempt to wake himself up. Both Harrison and Y/N laughed at his hair being all over the place. Tom gave them a sarcastically amused look before drinking his coffee black.

"Go to bed late, mate?" Harrison asked before finishing his cinnamon roll.

"Yeah. I feel like a train hit me." Tom answered before taking another sip.

"I feel sorry for your soulmate." Y/N joked.

"Very funny. You still believe in that?" Tom raised an eyebrow at her.

"I don't know. I am going to be 21 tomorrow, and what if I start feeling his pain. Doesn't that scare you guys?" She looked down to try to hide her worry.

"I mean, Tom's been 21 for a few months now, and I have been 21 for a month. Nothing has happened to either of us. I think you'll be fine." Harrison reassured her.

"Yeah, for all we know, it could just be in our heads." Tom tried to rationalize the underlying fears they all had, while secretly glad he hadn't felt anything yet.

"You guys are probably right. I'm probably over thinking it." Y/N smiled at the boys before taking another bite of her cinnamon roll.

"You know what'd be weird? If two of us were soulmates." Tom said to no one in particular.

"If that were true, why haven't either of you felt each other's pain?" Y/N smirked causing Harrison to nearly choke.

"I don't think I could handle being his soulmate." Harrison gestured toward Tom.

"That's right. I'm too good for you." Tom smiled triumphantly.

"Sure, Tommy, sure." Y/N sipped on her coffee again.

Y/N's birthday came and went. It was lowkey, just like she had wanted. Tom and Harrison managed to make spaghetti and meatballs without burning down their flat, and Y/N and her family actually enjoyed it.

"How did you guys make this?" Y/N asked.

"Or better yet, did you guys make it?" Y/N's father asked.

"It was simple really. We just followed my nan's recipe." Harrison answered before taking another bite.

"That, and he didn't let me do anything other than 'supervise.' I'm pretty sure he didn't want me to screw it up." Tom quipped.

"You were taking the piss." Harrison fired back.

"I didn't think you were seri-" Tom was cutoff.

"Well, I love it! Thank you, Harrison! Thank you, Tom!" Y/N sweetly smiled at the two boys sitting across from her.

The rest of the evening was filled with ice cream, presents, and watching Disney movies. Y/N loved spending time with her family and her two best mates. That night was more than she could've asked for, and it took her mind off of the possibility of feeling her soulmate's pain. All she felt that night was joy and love.