Love Hurts (Feeling Soulmate's Pain AU)

Y/N grew up at the Holland home. Her mother knew Nikki Holland from their uni days, and when they both had children, it was the perfect opportunity to make the friendship expand to their families. Y/N and Tom were practically inseparable growing up even though they attended different schools. That all changed when they both got accepted to the BRIT School for theatre. They were both so excited to attend the same school for the same craft. Things became better when they both befriended a boy named Harrison. The three became fast mates, and their parents became curious to see if either of them were soulmates.

Y/N, Tom, and Harrison had heard the stories of soulmates since the time that they were going through puberty. The idea that after you turn 21 you can feel your soulmate's pain seemed like a myth to the 3 of them. Granted, they didn't know anyone old enough to ask if it was true aside from their parents, so they didn't think much of it. As they got closer to their 21st birthdays, the butterflies began to kick-in for Y/N. Tom was the first to turn 21, then Harrison. It was only a few days short of Y/N's 21st, and they were trying to plan what they were going to do.

"What do you feel like doing?" Tom asked as he plopped onto Y/N's couch next to Haz.

"I don't know. I was thinking of just having a night in. I'm still trying to recover from your guys' birthday!" She laughed as you walked toward the kitchen to get some water.

"You know you had fun!" Harrison countered.

"Yeah, but I'd like to not be hungover the day after my birthday." She took a sip of her water before sitting in between Tom and Harrison.

"Good point. So uh, Brooklyn Nine-Nine?" Tom asked as he put Hulu on the flat screen.

"Do we have a choice?" Y/N and Haz said at the same time before looking at each other.

"Nope!" Tom popped the "p" in his response.

"It's my house!" She whined.

"But your parents practically let us live here!" Tom recalled.

"He has a point!" Harrison gave her a sympathetic look.

Y/N crossed her arms, but quickly loosened up with Jake's onscreen antics. As the three were laughing at the show, they didn't realize how late it had gotten.

"Oh shit, it's 3 AM!" Tom practically shouted while looking at his phone.

"You guys can stay over. It wouldn't be the first time." Y/N shrugged at the boys as she stood up.

"Have a good night, Y/N." Harrison said as he watched her walk toward her room. Once she entered her room and closed her door, he looked at Tom.

"Okay, so I think we should cook dinner for Y/N." Harrison stated.

"But what are we going to make? Pancakes?" Tom smirked at his best mate.

"Very funny, Thomas. We can make her spaghetti and meatballs from scratch!" Harrison suggested to the older boy.

"Yeah, just make sure we don't cook the noodles with cold water like my div of a brother." Both of them laughed at the memory of Harry attempting to make pasta.

"Alright, well goodnight mate. See you in the morning." Harrison said as he got up from the couch.

"Night mate." Tom threw up a peace sign before finishing up the last of his water bottle.

The following morning Harrison was the first one up. He figured he'd start the birthday celebrations early by grabbing some pastries and coffee from a nearby bakery. He ordered a dozen cinnamon rolls and three drip coffees. As he made his way back to Y/N's house, he hoped that his best mates were awake, or just about to wake up when he arrived. Walking into the home, Harrison could hear Y/N humming around in the kitchen.