eight

Peter's POV

I was sitting on my couch and doing some homework, when I heard a loud bang from outside of my window.

I decided to go back home, because I didn't want to bother Tony and the other Avengers anymore. We were all under a lot of stress from the mutants and (Y/n).

I quickly jumped up and grabbed my Spiderman suit, and put it on. I climbed out my window and shot a web to a nearby building. I swung from building to building until I got close enough to see what the noise was.

I swung into Times Square and saw what it was. There was a blue man? What?

He was blue, wearing a hoodie, and had lightning coming out of his hands. The hoodie had a red star on the arm. Of course. HYDRA. Again.

Where are they getting all these people?

(Note, yes electro is from the amazing spiderman 2 but this is supposed to be tom holland's spiderman ! there may be references to other spiderman movies later on in the book. ok enjoy i love u)

"Hey Sparkles!" I yelled, landing on a car nearby.

"Hey Spandex!" The blue man said in a deep and cracking voice.

"I didn't know that the Blue Man group was holding auditions," I said, stepping off the car and onto the pavement. He made a growl noise, and then slammed his hands into the ground.

People were gathered around now, and all the Times Square screens were on him.

Blue bolts of electricity ran through the streets, coming right towards me. I jumped back onto the car, shooting a web at the blue man.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Don't you know?" He asked, shooting a bolt of electricity through my webs, hitting me. I was flung backwards into the group of people.

"I'm Electro," he said. I got up and walked towards him. Suddenly, he started spazzing out. Firefighters had come and shot water at him, and it caused him to spaz out. They dragged him away.

Suddenly, I felt something hit my back. I flew off of the car and landed face first in front of me. I got up and looked at the screens. It was the same girl from before.

With black and (f/color) hair and (e/c) eyes. Cold eyes.

"Oh the emo is back!" I yelled, turning around. She narrowed her eyes at me and pulled a gun out of her holster.

"Woah woah woah, this town ain't big enough for the two of us," I asked, in a Southern accent. She put the gun out in front of her, pointing it at me. I noticed that her hands were shaking.

"I don't want to hurt you," I said in a serious tone. I walked toward her slowly. The people gathered around us started to leave, since Electro was taken away.

Her hands were even more shaky as I walked toward her. I was within three feet of her, staring into her eyes. She was beautiful, actually. She looked very scared, and I could tell she didn't want to kill anyone.

She slowly put her gun back in her holster, and then it all turned to shit.

"Kid, out of the way!" I heard from behind me. Then, someone shoved me out of the way. I fell onto the ground, and looked up to see Tony with his Iron Man suit on. He held up his hand and shot the girl with one of his lasers.

She fell backwards, and got an evil look in her eye. She stood up and blasted Tony, using her powers.

"Mr. Stark! Stop!" I yelled. He ignored me, and blasted her again. She dodged it, and then walked over to him. She threw a mighty punch at his face, and it dented the Iron Man suit. She was about to throw another punch, but I shot a web at her hand, and pulled her towards me.

She ripped the webbing in half, and sped around me, using similar super speed to the boy mutant from earlier. She shot me with a ball of her "magic", and I fell down. She stared down at me with hateful eyes, and then turned around and ran out of Times Square.

"Why would you do that?" I yelled.

"Kid, she's dangerous. You can't be nice to her like that," Tony said, serious.

"She's just a kid. She's my age, Mr. Stark. She's a kid," I said, taking my mask off. The people were all gone. I shook my head and shot a web to a building, and then swung away to my house. I knew she didn't want to kill anyone.

I knew she was scared. I felt a connection to her, and I felt like I knew her somehow. I don't know. I wanted to know more about her, but there was no way. HYDRA was stronger than ever, and there was no way to find anything about any of the mutants.

I sighed and crawled back through my window, climbing onto my top bunk. I quickly changed out of my Spiderman suit and tossed it into my closet.

I laid down and stared at my ceiling. That girl. I just wish I knew her name.

707's POV

"707," Zola said. I was sitting in the middle of the training room.

"Yes, Zola?" I asked quietly.

"You didn't complete the mission," he said in a stern voice.

I looked up at him only to be hit in the face by another soldier next to him. I kept my gaze on the ground.

"The avengers didn't show up. Only two of them did, and I was caught off guard," I explained, staring at the ground. My lip was bleeding.

"You could've killed those two, hm? We've trained you to not be caught off guard," Zola said in a menacing tone.

I didn't answer.

"Take her to the chamber," Zola mumbled. The soldier next to him picked me up by my shoulders and guided me into a room.

The soldier put a collar around my neck. Fuck. I knew where I was.

I had heard legends about this place. Apparently this is where the mutants go to be punished. The collars are power-proof, so no powers could be used.

They sent another mutant, a faulty one, in to punish the person.

I heard a low growl from the back of the room. Then, the thing came into the light. It was a giant lizard man.

Well shit.