Russel Xavier (Active)

Start from the beginning

Russel, thus, threw himself into a spiritual journey to find his dormant wolf. At the age of 13, that wolf finally awakened. The circumstances, however, were sad and heart-wrenching.

Russel, still known as Chase Custer at this time, was at the end of his rope. There was no hope in sight for him. Everything he did, tried, experienced was all for naught. And, now, he was out of ideas. Russel couldn't awaken his wolf. He was alone in this world. He had nothing to live for. That's how he felt. He was on the precipice of suicide. And he fell over. He seeked to kill himself. No one would care. He was alone after all.

The Golden Gate Bridge would be where he committed. So, he started his walk to the bridge. His final walk on this earth. As he approached the bridge, he felt something happening. Something was happening and he needed to help. So, he ran into an alley to see a girl about his age being attacked. At the sight, his heart tug to help her. So he did. The three men that were attacking this girl were easily taken care of. The girl, who Russel found out to be named Yasmine, was truly grateful and befriended the young man. Russel forgot about his suicidal thoughts.

As the two got to know each other, they grew closer. They were inseparable. That is until Russel's old pack made their presence known. The alpha had sent multiple wolves to capture his rogue beta's "son" and any loved ones. So, Russel and Yasmine were captured and brought back north of the Canadian border to pack territory.

The two were separated and tortured individually. For two months, they remained separated until the alpha saw fit to bring them back together and have the boy's girlfriend killed in front of him. So, they did. The alpha slit Yasmine's throat in front of the dormant wolf. The snapping of Russel's heart is what awakened the wolf. The male shifted and went into a blind rage. The Midnight Blood Pack now lay destroyed.

The depression sent Russel into a spiral of darkness. He joined two packs in the timeframe of his 14-17th years. Then, he left the packs to become rogue once again. As a rogue, Russel put his wolf back into its dormancy. Over the past 3 years, he had become bloodthirsty and he didn't like it. So he went on a two year journey to find himself again. He only found himself when he came across a new tribe, the Solstice Tribe. Luna Deja and Alpha Jinx accepted him as their spirit wolf under his new name, Russel Wallace. Recently, he refoundhis older sister, Dejanah Xavier. After this finding, he changed his last name back to Xavier and kept his moniker of Russel.

Powers

In the two year hiatus Russel embarked on, he developed a specific set of powers. This will be a list of them. Due to the sheer amount of possibilities, this chapter may be extremely long. I do apologize. So here we go.

Russell has developed Shadow/Darkness Manipulation. Russel can create, shape and manipulate darkness and shadows. By itself, darkness is mostly used to cloud everything into total darkness, but by accessing a dimension of dark energy, it can be channeled to a variety of effects, both as an absence of light and a solid substance: he can also control and manipulate the beings that exist there, create and dispel shields and areas of total darkness, create constructs and weapons, teleport himself through massive distances via shadows, etc.

Applications:

Darkness Aura

-- Russel can release and surround himself in/with darkness/shadow for defensive and/or offensive purposes, possibly becoming almost untouchable. The aura may also give Russel enhanced physical capabilities such as speed, strength and durability.

Animated Shadow

--Russel can transform his or others shadows into living beings. As the rule of anything happening to the real body happens to the shadow, this ability may allow him to manipulate the shadow and cause damage in reality by using it to attack. This means anything that happens to the shadow will be reflected in the true body; in short, a form of "reverse" shadow puppetry.

--Limitations:
- Shadow may have a mind of its own.
- Maintaining the shadow drains energy
- Light is needed to access the shadow

Absolute Darkness

--Russel is able to create a field of absolute impenetrable darkness that completely negates sight and may also dull or even completely negate the other senses. With enough power and energy, Russel has the potential to completely obliterate objects in the path of the darkness.

--Limitations:
- Russel may be blinded by the darkness as well.

Shadow Camouflage

--Russel is able to become undetectable as long as he is in darkness or shadow.

--Limitations:
- Darkness is needed to remain hidden.

Darkness Solidification

-- Russel can solidify or give solid-like properties to darkness/shadows with the level of solidity going from loose jelly to metal-like hardness or beyond.

--Limitations:
- The change is only temporary.
- Russel needs to remain in physical contact with the object.

Shadow Marionette

--Russel takes control over motor functions of others against their will as if they were a marionette via shadows, subjects are still conscious, but can't resist Russel's puppet control. This can be executed by infusing one's shadow into the shadow of the target, physical contact, or simply having shadows touch.

--Limitations:
- Russel can only affect targets that are in touch with his shadow.
- Both the target and Russel must have shadows, thus some level of light is needed.

Darkness Attacks

-- Russel can release/use darkness/shadow in attacks of various shapes and/or intensities, either projected, used as a part of melee attacks, etc.

Variations of Darkness Attacks:
-Dark Beam Emission
-Dark Bolt Projection
-Dark Pillar Projection
-Darkness Blast
-Darkness Cutting
-Darkness Infusion
-Darkness Vortex Creation: Not likely used due to widespread destruction possibility
-Dark Wave Emission
-Hidden Attacks
-Omnidirectional Darkness Waves
-Shadow Ball Projection
-Sword Beam Emission: When using a handheld weapon

Dark Portal Creation

-- Russel can create portals using darkness/shadows.
-- This also allows Russel the ability to teleport anywhere he has been in the past. He cannot teleport to places he has not physically been to first.

~~Note: This also opens the doorway to his Darkness storage power. He creates a pocket of shadow that is formless and can hold an almost infinite amount of items.

Darkness Empowerment

-- Russel can become stronger, faster, more durable, etc. when he comes in contact with darkness or shadow, possibly unlocking abilities related to the affinity and enhancing the existing powers.

Nocturnal Animal Manipulation

-- Russel has the ability to control animals that are active in the dark or at night. For example, he can control owls, bats or coyotes.

-- Limitations:
- Russel can only summon one animal at one time.

These are the powers of Russel. He may have more hidden somewhere that he has yet to discover.

Weaponry

Russel recently acquired a sword forged of the strongest steel anyone could find. It was forged long ago by a blacksmith for one of the Xavier royals. He recently acquired it from his deceased father's spirit in the Xavier territory ruins.

He carries it on his left hip in a black sheath made from the toughest leather Russel could find