Chapter nine - Bitten

Chapter Nine:

“Master Wayne!” Alfred approached Wayne, at one of his business meetings at one of his fancy restaurants.

“Not now Alfred.” Bruce said, but stopped himself. “Aren’t you supposed to be with Emma?” It didn’t take more than Alfred’s worried look to realise something had happened. “Excuse me.” He mumbled, and leaned over so he could talk privately with his butler.

“The Joker took her.” Alfred said, still in shock he watched it happen.

Bruce didn’t even give the partners a second glance, before he left the table, and headed for Wayne Manor.

“Do you know how you are going to get her back?” Alfred said, as Bruce were ready to leave.

“I fallowed your advice.” He said, before entering the Bat mobile who looked more like a tank.

Alfred stumbled a little bit over his words, before his eyes landed on his master’s phone. A red dot blinked at 52street.

Emma sat on an outworn couch, and tried her best to keep calm while clowns with guns patrolled the halls.

“Gentleman, we have a guest. Don’t be rude.” The joker said, and approached Emma.

He sat down next to her, and she brought her knees protectively up to her chest.

“What is your name, dear?” Joker said, with a fake softness attached to his voice.

“Are you going to kill me?” Emma said.

“No, no, off course not. That was just something I said to attract attention, now; tell me your name.” He said, not even giving an effort to lie.

“Please, don’t.” She heard herself say.

“Just tell me your name, and I will let you live another day.” Joker said.

“Emma.” She said.

“Emma,” He repeated, letting the word roll on his tongue. “Your parents must be so proud.” Joker took up a knife from his pocket and twirled it around in his fingers, before releasing her from her ropes, and forced it into her hand to look at. “Anything else, Emma?”

“What?” She said, confusion stroke her face.

“TELL ME YOUR FULL NAME!”  Joker growled, making her whimper in fear. “Oh… sh..sh..sh…” He patted her cheek. “I only want to know your last name.”

“Then I bet you want to know mine.” Batman appeared behind him, and hit him to the ground.

“Now, but we were just getting to know each other.” Joker said.

“There will be plenty of scums like you to get to know in prison.” Batman said.

“Really, that’s the best you can do?” Joker laughed.

“Get in the car.” Batman hissed towards Emma, who looked like she was turned into stone. Clowns came in from all side, and Batman fought them by hand.

“But-“

“Now!”

Emma stumbled shakily to her feet, and ran towards a window. They probably were on the seventeenth floor, but knowing Batman, he probably had something planned out. There was a sneering sound from behind, and Emma twirled around to see two fully grown up panthers walking towards her with hunger in their eyes.

“Emma, get out of there.” A faint voice roared, but she couldn’t move. The panthers attacked at the same time as she felt Batman’s strong arm around her shoulder, pulling her towards the window. One bit into her leg, while the other was satisfied with her side.

Batman ripped the animals off her, and with a good grip in her clothes, jumped out the window. The lights from the city became blurry, and she felt herself fall into blackness.