"....... Yes.... those were happy days..." He whispered after a minute, looking up at the sky. "It's been so long since I've seen the sky...."

"That's perfect!" He gasped, cupping Laurance's fsce in his hands. "Scenery!"

Before the brunette Shadow Knight could react, Garroth was already dragging him to the trail through the forest, which led to the top of the mountains. Laurance said nothing along the way, but would try to get glances of the area around him. While they went through the Phoenix Capital, they got odd stares from the townspeople and guards. It was most likely because Garroth was so excited and was running for no reason, but Laurance couldn't help feeling that he had something to do with it. Not all of the stares were confusion and happiness.

"I use to come up here all the time because it was so quiet." Garroth explained, smiling back at him. "I think you'll like as much as I do."

When they reached the top, it was becoming nighttime. The climb back down was easy, even in the nighttime. It was always the climb up that was difficult. The two males stood at the cliff that overlooked the sea and some of the forest, watching the sunset. The soft orange color of the sky as the Sun disappeared below the waters, destined to rise back into the sky at daybreak. (Que the romantic music)

"So.... do you like it up here?" Garroth asked him, after they had been sitting in silence for a while.

"Mm....." Laurance began, humming as he watched the sunset. "Yes... I think I do."

"Is something bothering you?" He asked, tilting his head. "You're not wearing your armor, because of being in the infirmary... are you cold?"

Irene, why was Garroth worrying so much? Laurance was strong. His mental will and spirit were strong enough to endure the Nether twice, all the heartbreak and suffering he went through on the surface, and he even survived Shad the Destroyer. He would be alright.

But everyone has a breaking point.

"No no, I'm fine." Laurance reassured him, shaking his head. "..... If you were to fall from here, would you die?"

"Yes... multiple times, actually." Garroth answered slowly, narrowing his eyes in confusion at Laurance's question. "Laur, you've been acting weird.... are you sure everything is alright?"

"I'm fine Garroth, stop worrying so much." He sighed, looking at him. "We should probably head back now. The medics are going to have our heads if we're not back soon."

"A-Alright.... just... you can talk to me about anything, okay?" He reminded him, smiling his charming smile.

"I know. Thank you, Garroth." He returned the smile, that same pained look in his eyes. (He's screaming inside because he isn't in season 6--)

With that, the two male guards headed back down to the capital. He bid Laurance a farewell as he was sent back into the infirmary, being thanked by the medics for keeping him from doing anything stupid. Although he was the one bound to do something stupid, and Laurance was the one with all the commonsense...

"Hello Garroth." Katelyn greeted him once he returned to the building. "How did your day with Laurance go?"

"It was.... alright." Garroth answered, keeping his voice down as the girls and Aphmau were asleep. "I took him to the mountain."

"...... Something else happened." She caught onto his odd tone, raising an eyebrow.

"He asked me about the fall from the cliff... if it would kill someone..." He sighed, looking at her. "I don't like his behavior, Katelyn."

"Garroth, tomorrow morning I want you to go check on him." She ordered him, her tone stiffening. "This is too odd to be any coincidence."

~~~~

"Laurance...."

The Sun was just beginning to rise, casting a softer blue shade to the sky. Just as Katelyn had instructed him to, Garroth had gone to check up on Laurance that morning. After finding out that he had escaped the infirmary during the night, when everyone was asleep. While most of the medics had been concerned for Laurance's safety and well-being, some of them were curious on how he had becone so resistant to the sleeping drugs they had been giving him. After spending thirty minutes searching for him, he remembered something from yesterday.

The cliff.

When he had gone up there, he had feared that Laurance had snapped again. Maybe he just needed some space, or wanted to see the sunrise from the cliff. It was a very good place to view the scenery, after all. But... he had never expected this...

"Laurance, step away from the cliff." Garroth spoke, his eyes wide as he stared at the brunette. "Please... don't do this..."

Laurance said nothing as he stared at Garroth in silence, his face expressionless and his eyes dead. His bangs were moving in the morning breeze, and he couldn't tell if tears were forming in his eyes or not.

"Please Laurance... there are so many people who want you here.. Cadenza, Aphmau, Katelyn, Travis, Dante...." He continued, taking a step closer to him. "..... Me..... we don't want you to die! I don't want you to die!"

Laurance remained silent, but as Garroth took each step closer to him, he stayed still. He didn't move, he didn't speak. He only listened to Garroth as he got closer, trying to maintain a stable inner mentality while he was still alive.

Don't listen to him, he's lying! They don't need you here, they don't want you here! Haven't you already gone through enough? Why are you putting yourself through more pain by staying!? The Shadow Soul within him roared at him, clawing at the thinning walls of his mentality.

You can make it, keep going. I believe in you, and so do they. You can stay alive, I know you can! You can get through this! You can get help, you can heal! You're out of the Nether now, you don't have to be afraid anymore! Garroth's right there, you can still make it! Ungrth responded, one of his main pillars of support to keep living.

There's nothing to live for here!

You matter here, think of all the people who care for you!

Jump!

Don't!

NOW!

NO!!

"Laurance.... please.... don't leave me again! I need you here!" Garroth's pleads broke into his thoughts, tears streaming down his face. "I can't lose you again, and especially not like this! Please!!"

Laurance remained silent, bending his legs. Garroth was only a few feet away from him now, and he was so close... he would do it.

He jumped.

And landed right on Garroth.

"I'm sorry...." Was all Laurance could manage to say, physically wincing and whimpering at the war in his mind. "I'm so, so sorry...."

"I have you... you're gonna be okay..." Garroth whispered to him, laying on the grass with him in his arms. "You're safe now... I got you...."

Laurance sobbed into his chest, hugging the blonde for dear life. Garroth hugged him tighter, but not too tightoy because of his injuries and stitches. After a while of them being like this, the drugs finally started to kick in. The brunette dozed off, falling asleep on top of his best friend.

Garroth, after making sure that he was asleep, picked him up and carried him back to the infirmary. He'd have to tell Aphmau and Katelyn about this. They had to get him help, he didn't deserve to be at war for control over his actions every second of the day. He didn't deserve to be in so much pain.

"I'll take care of you, Laurance..." He whispered to the brunette, before the medics took him away. "I promise.."