The elder had his arms wrapped around his waist as he waddled behind Jisung, following the younger around.

"Jisung-ah, can you stop for a moment?" Chenle requested, making the younger stop what he was doing.

"What is it hyung?" He asked softly, looking back at the blonde.

"Can we stay like this for a bit? I want to be with you as much as possible before we go." Chenle went ahead and started to nuzzle Jisung's back, inhaling the other's comforting scent.

A fond smile spread itself on Jisung's lips. Turning himself around, he enveloped Chenle into a big hug. He was going to miss the living hell out of Chenle. Yeah, he'll miss the other's too, but not as much as the male in his arms right now.

The two swayed back and forth for a while before Jisung pulled back a bit to face Chenle. He just stared at his face, his eyes tracing every single feature.

"What are you doing Jisung?"

"Stargazing." That made Chenle let out the softest chuckle ever. "Hey, that's my line!"

"Well, it's mine now." Jisung exclaimed, cupping the elder's cheek, tilting his head upwards to face him. "You know what else is mine?"

"What?"

"You." Chenle felt himself heat up as Jisung smirked, content with what he said.

"So cheesy."

"Only for you." The blonde's face scrunched up adorably in reaction to Jisung's words.

"Cutie. My Lele is so cute, and I'm going to miss him so much." Jisung's eyes now held a tinge of sadness and Chenle noticed it.

"I'm going to miss his annoying dolphin laugh and screeches. I'm going to miss his pretty eyes. I'm going to his hand on mine. I'm going to miss the feeling of his lips on mine. I'm going to miss every single bit of Zhong Chenle."

Chenle could only present the latter with a sad smile, placing his hands on top on Jisung's that were still cupping his cheeks. The elder male closed his eyes and nuzzled against the younger's larger hand.

"Is this a goodbye?" The elder asked, voice quiet.

"No, it's just a see you soon."

"Are you sure?"

"Definitely."

-🐢-

It was their last campfire.

The fire flickered relentlessly against the darkened sky as seven males sat around it, holding out their skewers topped with a soft confectionary. Some on them had red rimmed eyes, others sought on small smiles but couldn't.

Chenle had already passed out his little compilation of photos to everyone and they all recalled every moment in those photos. Shared laughs, tears, and feelings of nostalgia. This summer was one of their best summers of their lives.

Now, in the quiet of the evening, everyone was reminiscing their summer with each other.

"I know I've said this a million times but...I'm really going to miss you guys. I'm really going to miss the dreamies." Chenle cracked a smile, thinking about what they had decided to call themselves.

The Dreamies. Teenagers who were still young, who still had their whole lives ahead of them. Who had dreams to reach and goals to achieve. Who met their first and hopefully last love.

Along with Chenle's smile, the boys each started to crack a smile too. Whether it was small or toothy, a sense of home lingered around the campfire.

"Even if we're miles apart, and we have our minds filled with school crap and family issues, just remember this summer. And all of the fun times we shared."

"Aye~ Look at our maknae being all sophisticated and deep." Jaemin teased, releasing some tension from the crestfallen mood.

"Oh shut up Nana hyung." Jisung replied playfully, while the others bursted out in fits of chuckles.

And that was the summer of '18. Just seven boys:

Mark Lee

Huang Renjun

Lee Jeno

Lee Donghyuck

Na Jaemin

Zhong Chenle

Park Jisung

Who just wanted to have some fun.

-⭐️-

the end