06| PILLS, PILLS, PILLS

[ Chapter Six ]

❝You're supposed to tell me when you're going to be gone. I've been worried.❞

[Vitamin D]

>> >> >>

The glee club was losing their interest. Mr. Schuester had told everyone who they were going to compete against at sectionals, and they all thought they had it.

"Great news guys. I just got the competition bracket for Sectionals, and we're in very good shape." Mr. Schuester, "There's only two other teams. We beat them, we make it to Regionals.

Everybody grins and laughs. Raven smiles at the others from her space next to Quinn.

"Wait. Who are the other teams?" Rachel interrupted the joyous moment.

"Drumroll please Finn." Mr. Schuester instructed and he complies.

"School for the Deaf in Dayton, and someplace called Jane Addams Academy." Mr. Schuester responded.

"Jane Addams? That's a halfway house for girls just getting out of juvie." Mercedes laughed.

"Th-th-this is great. People who can't hear what they're singing and criminals who don't care." Tina grinned.

"It's going to be a cakewalk." Artie grinned

Raven laughed and high-fived Puck who grinned at her. Raven and Puck had begun to get along ever since the Invitationals. They weren't best friends or anything but they got along enough to be able to sit next to each other in glee club and be paired up by Mr. Schuester and not want to murder the other person. She for sure didn't want to get with him, but being able to get along was nice.

>> >> >>

"Competition. Every one of these people or elements were champions in their own right. But they used competing with each other to make themselves even better." Mr. Schuester was pinning pictures to a bulletin board. To be honest, some of the comparisons made zero sense but Raven was trying to just go with it.

"I don't understand how lightning is in competition with a swimming pool." Kurt commented.

"Just go with it." Mr. Schuester encouraged.

"You guys have become complacent. You were great at the invitational, but you got to up your game if you want to get through Sectionals. Okay. Split up. Guys on the left side, girls on the right side." As soon as Mr. Schuester said that, the room became quiet and everyone stared at each other, clearly not comfortable with this assignment, "Let's go guys."

Everyone moved to their respective teams, but Kurt moved to the girls side.

"Kurt." Mr. Schuester warned and Kurt sadly moved back over to the boys side.

"Okay, here's the deal. Two teams, boys versus girls. One week from today you will each perform a mash-up of your choice." Mr. Schuester instructed.

"Uh. What's a mash-up?" Puck asked, clearly confused.

"A mash-up is when you take two songs and mash them together to make an ever richer explosion of musical expression." Mr. Schuester explained.