ɪᴛ's ɴᴏᴛ ʜᴇʀ. (ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 10)

(Varian's POV)
Why am I having second thoughts about all of this?
Sure, my time with (y/n) has been nice, but I have to get my priorities straight.
I have to free my father.

We've established this, it's something I have to doI can't let her kindness get to me.
It's her own fault for being so.. trusting and nice. Besides, if she's really as nice as she claims she is, she'll understand my reasoning and maybe even help me.  Though, it was.. really nice of her to bring me a meal that she took the time to make for me. I would have never guessed that she would do such a thing, it just seemed too nice.
I appreciated it.. it's the only real meal I've actually had during my time here.
After she put the food in my mouth, it's like my motivation to boycott all food just drained out, and I couldn't help but eat more.

It seemed to make her happy, at least.

I felt Rudiger nuzzle against me, and I glanced down at him, picking him up and putting him on my shoulder.
"Don't worry, Rudiger... not much longer now.", I said, letting out a quiet sigh.

I heard the large door at the end of the hallway open, glancing over to see a guard pushing the same food cart as usual towards me. Once he had put the tray in my cell, Rudiger hopped off my shoulder to go begin eating.
I followed, taking a piece of bread from the plate and going to sit back down.

"It's been good to see that you've started eating some, kid.", the guard remarked.
I glanced at him but said nothing.
"Is it because of that girl that's been coming to see you?", he asked.
I remained silent, but thought to myself.
Was it because of (y/n)? Surely not.. I just- need to have a reasonable amount of energy for when I escape is all. Why would I start eating for her? That's stupid.

Right?

——————————————————
Sorry for the short chapter ;~;