Chapter Eight: They'll Hear You Scream Baby

Start from the beginning

"Don't even say it-" Lennox growled out, too focused on the road to even let his Alpha tone fall into his voice.

"Seely- Seely...who the hell is Seely, man?" Giles blurted, searching his Alpha for answers.

It wasn't the right thing to say, the man was basically buzzing with anger at the name.

"Giles, I'm not going to repeat myself, mention that son of a bitch again and you'll be walking."

Giles didn't get home until midnight.

*

Jezebel Harris is everything but a bitch.

Contrary to popular belief, she is the exact opposite of a bitch.

Is she passionate about her pack? Does she strive for safety and security? Can she say that pack is before anything?

Yes.

Jezebel Harris's fighting-the-good-fight attitude is the reason why Lennox moved her up into the rank of Beta.

And she was sitting on his couch, her human mate nowhere in sight but his smell strong on the Beta- obviously she had left his hospital room just minutes ago to break and enter into the Alpha's home and property.

"Jez-" Lennox didn't count on finishing his sentence- since most of the time his Beta did that for him.

"Is the wolf from our pack?" She asks quickly- it's what he has been dreading all night- knowing that ultimately he had to tell her exactly what he found there. He'd have to tell her what he did.

"No," it comes out in stutters and Jez catches it, her dark eyebrows shooting up in question as he tries to laugh it off.

"Who is it then?" Her words fall out quickly, her hands folding in her lap as she watched the Alpha.

There's a trail of words from Lennox that is cut off before he can even finish, "Jez, I'm not sure if you-"

"I need to know. Your pack needs to know- Lennox, you met your mate. I know you're probably flipping out in that big head o' yours-"

His eyebrows draw up into confusion as he purses his lips, eyebrows knitted together as begins to interrupt. "Wait, how did you kno-"

"Lennox- you've been acting like a love sick puppy every time I talk to you! Anything to do with pack has just become static to you- it's obvious."

"But...I haven't even-"

"Alpha, coming into a pack meeting when you're smelling particularly human and snap at anything to do with anything makes the signs obvious enough," there's a smile at the edge of Jez's smile, her dark lashes hiding her eyes but he knows the grin reaches them.

"-I...I have met my mate- Schuyler Bradshaw," he grins a bit at that- he needs to call her.

"She a college student?" Jez asks, genuine wonder in her voice.

"Yeah- just a college freshman but- she's smart. Really smart," a note of admiration makes it into Lennox's tone before he can stop it.

"Human I suppose, right?" Jez's voice come out like velvet, like she's trying to guide him to the right path. He imagines it's what his mother's would've sounded like if she had a chance to walk on two legs.

"Yes, she doesn't know about me...but she loves wolves so I guess that can be worth some points," he whispers, and for a second he ghost over the pack of Marlboros in his pocket. The mention of her uncovering his true nature is a revelation Lennox may never want her to discover.