Doing Good

They walk into the alley where Arkayna and Piper gave the kids the candy.

"How is she?" Zarya asks as they walk up to Zarya's second family.

"She's getting worse," Neeko doesn't even look up, he is staring down at his sister.

"What can we do?" Arkayna asks as she stares at the helpless girl.

"We can get her the treatment that she needs, we will take her to a doctor and get her leg fixed properly," Zarya bends down but turns her head to her sister.

"You know Gawayne won't let us do that."

"Leave that to me," Zarya says with a smile on her face.

"Z, what are you thinking?" Arkayna asks remembering the face her sister has on from before she became the revenge beast.

"Use the stepfather card, if mom and our stepfather knew what was going on I'm pretty sure that they would try to help them."

"Okay, I thought you were gonna do something crazy again."

Choko jumps off Zarya and onto Neeka to try and comfort her.

"We better get an ambulance to take her to the hospital," Zarya says.

Arkayna calls an ambulance to get her new friend the treatment she needs.

"Gia, you're in charge," Neeko says as he gets in the back with his sister.

"You got it," Gia says to the main leader of the group.

"Will they be okay alone?" Arkayna asks.

"With Gia in charge they will be fine," Zarya says as they get in the ambulance.

The ambulance blares the sirens louder than Zarya's music.

When they arrive at the hospital the nurse has Neeko fill out the forms to let the doctors know all the important things about his little sister.

"Thanks for doing this you guys," Neeko says as he finishes the last page.

"You're welcome, besides we have to show more compassion than Gawayne or the city might get the wrong idea of the royal family," Arkayna says.

Zarya nudges her sister in the side.

"What she means is that we want to remind the city that even though our parents are gone their spirits live on," Zarya responds saving her sister from looking like a self-centered brat.

"What was that for?" Arkayna asks as Neeko gets up and returns the papers to the nurse.

"We have to make them feel like we care."

"But I did," Arkayna responds.

"No, you made it sound like we were doing it for the publicity. We have to remember why we are doing this. Think about what it was like when we were switched before the dragon disc activated."

Arkayna thinks about the day she woke up in the Undercity.

"I see what you mean," Arkayna says to her sister a little ashamed of what she said to Neeko.

"The nurse gave me the room number that Neeka will be in after the immediate surgery."

"Surgery?" Zarya responds in a terrified voice.

"The break went unattended too long that it got really infected."

"So, what do we do now?" Arkayna asks.

"The only thing we can do," Neeko says, "Go into the room and wait."

The three of them are in a room with nothing but a bed, TV, a few chairs, and a couch under the window.

Zarya tries to keep calm, she has always been the one who has composure in situations like this.

"Z, what's wrong?" Arkayna asks.

"It's nothing," Zarya tries to lie.

"It's not nothing Zarya," Neeko says seeing through the lie.

"It's just that hearing that the break was infected reminded me of when I was poisoned by Tazma."

"You mean when we had to find Auntie Yaga."

"Yea, what if the infection is so bad that they have to take her leg. Neeko can't afford the care Neeka will need."

"She has a point," Neeko agrees.

"We will figure it out, even if we have to take Gawayne to the Undercity to see what is happening we will," Arkayna says.

"Like he will care," Zarya says.

"We will make him care," Arkayna responds.