Chapter 14 ➺ Paisley

Mulai dari awal

"Just because he made a bad choice doesn't mean he's a bad person." I stated. We could argue all day, for all I care. She's not going to change my mind. I've already pondered it and thought about it and debated it myself a thousand times. And I'm happy with my decision. I'm happy with the relationship Harry and I have grown.

"But, Paisley. How can you be friends, you're so different. Are you going to start acting like him?"

"What do you mean, acting like him?"

"What I mean is going to parties and drinking and doing things that aren't right."

"I've been friends with him for a little while now and haven't turned into a delinquent thus far." I said, not believing that she thought I would actually be so stupid to do the things she was suggesting.

"All I'm saying is that people are friends with those that are like them. I don't want you to make any mistakes."

"Well then maybe Harry and I are more alike than I thought." I yelled and rushed out of the kitchen and up the stairs to my room.

I've known my mom long enough to know that this was coming. I knew her closed-mindedness would have a problem with me getting close to Harry. I just never thought she would actually prevent me from forming a relationship with someone because of it.

When I was in the confines of my room, I pulled out my phone. If my mom thought hanging out with Harry would turn me into a bad kid, might as well be it.

The way I see it, bad things happen to me whether I act the good girl or not.

To: Harry- Are there any parties this weekend?

I wanted to go to a party, and Harry was just the person to take me to one.

From: Harry- Of course. It's the last week of school, so there will be tons. Why? :0

To: Harry- I want to go to one.

From: Harry- Again, why?

To: Harry- I want to see what it's like. You enjoy them, so why can't I?

From: Harry- I just don't know if...you'll like it. Why the sudden urge to go?

To: Harry- No reason. I lied, but I had a feeling Harry would see right through that one.

Instead of replying with a text this time, my phone rang, signaling I had a call.

"So why do you really want to go to a party?" Harry asked, his voice curious.

"Wow, a hello would have been nice."

"I'm serious, Paisley. Tell me."

"I just want to see what it's like."

"Bullshit. Does this have something to do with me?"

"No."

"Your mom?"

"Maybe."

"Your mom and me?" I stayed silent, and I'm guessing he could put the pieces together. "What happened? Just tell me. It won't hurt my feelings, I promise."

I took a deep breath before I spoke. "She just doesn't want us to be friends. Thinks I'll become a bad person by hanging around with you."

Harry was quiet for a minute before he said anything. "So why do you want to go to a party?"

"To show her that partying and having fun doesn't make you a bad person."

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Harry asked, as if he was hesitant to go along with it. I was suddenly feeling stupid for asking him such a thing. Of course he wouldn't want to bring someone like me to a party.