Chapter 3: Troubling Thoughts

-Izaya Orihara-

Once they made it inside the living room, Izaya saw that Shinra's house was the same as ever. The dark hardwood floors were spotless, and in the centre was a fluffy grey rug, making the living room seem somewhat welcoming. A pearl white sofa was facing a a small black table, that had countless books on it, ranging from mythology to biology.

On the left side of the room, was the kitchen, and the headless rider herself was by the counter pouring a drink into a big white coffee cup. Once Celty realized they made their way in, she turned around to greet the ravenette. Since her helmet wasn't on, her black smoke protruding from her neck was churning around the air restless- Izaya could only imagine she was excited to see him.

She took her phone and started typing rapidly.

"Its good to see you again! I made you some coffee, you still like it right? I didn't add any sugar as we don't have any, is it ok if it's bitter?"

The ex information broker hurriedly skimmed through the text, and gave her a curt nod and a small smile to go along with it. As she gave him the warm cup, he brought it to his mouth and let the bitter drink soothe his worries.

See, Izaya was glad he was back in Ikebukuro, but he knew he was going to be facing countless problems if he were to permanently live here. Firstly there was the obvious- the wheelchair situation. He couldn't live alone, thats why he hadn't bought an apartment beforehand.

Even though a caretaker would be relatively easy to find, the ravenette was positive no one would willingly take care of him unless he black mailed them. He grimaced at the thought- he didn't want to go down that dark path again.

Besides that, he was going to need a body guard. Without a doubt, countless gang members and people would be out to get him for all the horrible things he had done in the past- and for some reason the ravenette didn't imagine they would be forgiving him any time soon.

Shinra, who had now stopped his blabbering, noticed his friend was far from present in the conversation. He wasn't staring at anything in particular, and when he followed his carmene eyes, his gaze landed on the door, as if he was expecting someone to walk in.

His hands were clasped a little too tightly around his cup, and the way he brought it up to his lips was almost automatic.

"Hey Izaya-kun, what are you thinking about?" The scientist asked.
"Hm? Oh just wondering if anyone is gonna come through that door to kill me." The ravenette said nonchalantly.

He said it so casually, without a hint of worry you'de think he was joking, but Shinra knew better.

Izaya meanwhile was going through his mental list of people that would be able to act as his bodyguard. Only two people crossed his mind. Celty, but no way in hell was he going to bother her- and then there was a particular blonde, who was out of the question.

"Anyone in particular on your mind?" Shinra asked innocently, even though he had a good guess about what or rather who was worrying his friend so much.

As Izaya took another sip of coffee, his worries didn't dissipate to his disappointment. Instead, they bubbled in his stomach, crawled up his throat, and forced their way out his lips, without his permission.

"What the hell am I gonna do about Shizuo?" As Izaya pondered on this, his blood red eyes went on Shinra, awaiting a response.

"Well you want to start fresh right? You do realize you'll have to confront him." Shinra said bluntly, his goofy smile never wavering.

"Sadly yes, I figured that out." Izaya said as he chuckled bitterly. At that moment Celty tapped Izaya's shoulder to get his attention, showing him her phone screen that voiced her thoughts.

"I think the best thing to do, is apologize. I suggest you do it as soon as possible, before Shizuo finds out that you're here from other people, that would probably anger him more."

Shinra nodded in agreement as he took out his phone. "I'll give him a call now." And with a last wink of assurance at Izaya he left the room to make the call.

At that moment, the doorbell rang and Celty went to hurriedly answer the door, leaving Izaya alone with his thoughts. As he made a list of all the possibilities that could happen if he stayed in Ikebukuro, they all ended the same way- with him dead.

A girly scream of excitement brought Izaya out of his thoughts, and soon enough a young lady walked in the room, looking the same she did as three years ago. She wore a black cheongsam, black ankle boots, and her braid was neatly tucked under her black cap.

The two brunette strands of hair that hung freely infront of her ears were bouncing up and down, as the young lady was jumping in excitement at the sight of the ravenette and her chocolate brown eyes were practically sparkling.

"Erika?" Izaya said a little taken aback by his visitor. He and Erika were never really close, so he didn't know why she was here- and how did she even know he was in Shinra's apartment? How did she even know he was in Ikebukuro at all?

"I knew you'de be back!" She said enthusiastically. Izaya just put on a smug facade to hide his confusion. "Oh really? And how did you know that? Were you stalking me?" He teased, even though he genuienly wanted to know if his light hearted accusation was true.

"Of coarse not! But I knew you would come back for him!" She chirped cheerfully.
"For who?" The ravenette pushed on while keeping up a smug look and easy going facade.

"For Shizuo of coarse!" And with that excited squeal, Izaya's facade shattered, and his expression contorted into one of confusion.

What the hell was she talking about?

(I just want to thank everyone that has been reading this story! If you like the chapters dont forget to leave a like so I know if my readers are enjoying them or not, and if you have any constructive critisism, feel free to tell me!)