Chapter Two

Casey's POV...

They say where there's desire, there's a flame and where there's a flame, you're bound to get burned. "Would I get burned again if I gave love another chance?" that's the question I would always ask myself when I think about how my life would be today if I did. But, I'm getting a little ahead of myself, why don't I start from the beginning. The day I met him.

It was just a normal day in Manhattan, New York It was a beautiful Tuesday morning with the sun shinning bright up high in the sky and the birds singing their usual beautiful melody. Midtown High School stood proudly before me as I entered the large building for a seemingly normal day. I walked past the familiar faces of Midtown High as I made my way to my locker to get my books for my first class of the day.

I was just about to close my locker when my eyes fell on an old picture of me and my ex-boyfriend, Blake. My eyes lingered on the smiling face of Blake as he and I sat on the steps outside the park with his arm draped over my shoulders. I remember that day so vividly because it was the day he and I first met. It was three years ago during the summer, it was the fourth of July and I was heading to the park with my friends Violet and Lili for a picnic that was being held there to watch the fireworks go off. While there, I accidentally bumped into him, Blake Forrester; charming, sweet and funny. That was my first impression of him when we first met and after that, one thing just led to another. Everything seemed perfect at first, Blake and I had a strong relationship and were getting to a serious point in our relationship. But that's when Blake's true colors began to show.

I shook my head of those thoughts and tried not to think about the past again. After I got my books, I closed my locker only to be greeted by my long-time best friend Violet Perkins.

"Hey, Casey" she greeted me with a smile on her full lips that had dark purple gloss on them. Violet has been my best friend since first grade and she's always been there for me, especially after my break-up with Blake. Both she and Lili were there for me, keeping me sane and comforted. I don't know where I would be today without either of them.

Violet has dark brown natural skin with dark brown eyes and dyed purple hair in a faux hawk with the side of her head shaved. She loves to do out to parties to dance and have fun, she's definitely a wild child.

"Hey, Vi" I greeted back with a smile of my own "What's up?"

"Just wanted to see how my best friend is doing this morning" Violet said as she chewed her gum. 

"I'm alright" I shrugged "I got another letter from my dad yesterday"

"Another one?" Violet asked surprised and I nodded "How long has he been sending them now?" 

"A couple weeks now" I said not really wanting to talk about this. 

"God" Violet shook her head "'Hey, Casey it's your alcoholic father from rehab. I know I haven't tried to make contact with you in almost ten years, but now I wanna talk to you' nice" 

 "I really don't want to get into this, Violet" I told her and she nodded. 

"You got it chick-a-dee" Violet said as she linked her arm with mine and we headed to class. 

We made it to class just in time, but our teacher Mr. Warren was late today for some reason. I took my usual seat next to my other best friend Lili Greene while Violet sat behind me. Violet and I have known Lili since sixth grade and she's always been an awesome friend to both of us. She has pale skin with emerald green eyes and bright blue dyed hair with pink lip gloss on her hear-shaped lips. She's a good person and great friend, she likes to have fun too, but she knows when to stop having fun and start being serious. She's still a great friend to have, the three of us are like sisters. That's how close we are.