seven

707's POV

"Mission complete. Good job, mutants," Zola said. I gave him a slight smile.

We were sent back to our cells, and given dinner. Or, "dinner" I should say. Literally just mashed potatoes.

It was the only taste I knew. I couldn't remember anything else. They must've done something to me. No idea what, but I couldn't remember anything past last week.

It sucked. I knew I had a life before this hellhole.

Peter's POV

"Kid, you alright?" Tony asked. I was laying on the couch, clutching my side. That HYDRA girl really hurt me.

"Yeah," I said, sitting up.

"You have a guest," he said. Suddenly, a woman - (Y/n)'s mom, to be exact - walked in.

Note: (M/n) means mom's name

"Ms. (L/n)?" I asked, sitting up.

"Oh please, call me (M/n)," she said, sitting on the other couch.

"Okay. What's up?" I asked. When we knew we couldn't find (Y/n), we told her mom. She was devastated, obviously.

"Well, I just wanted to tell you something, Peter. I know you and (Y/n) were friends for a long time," she said. She paused and took a deep breath.

It broke my heart. She thought (Y/n) was dead. I've been trying not to think about her, to be quite honest. I never really thought about how she could easily be dead.

Or worse.

"Anyways. I know she never told you this, but I thought you should know. Her father used to.. do things to me and to her when she was younger, and I didn't want her telling anyone. I know you two were best friends, but I didn't want her to talk about it to anyone. Mainly because I was scared. I was scared that she would have to go through it again, and I didn't want her to have to go through that horribleness ever again," (M/n) said. She was crying.

Honestly, so was I. I always wondered what happened to (Y/n)'s dad. She never told me, but I never pressured her into saying anything.

I missed her. So much. We've been doing everything we were able to, but no sign of her. I missed her hair. Her smile. Her.

A couple more HYDRA attacks happened. Most of them with the same three mutants.

I felt a connection to the girl. The one with black hair. I felt.. comforted by her. Like I could talk to her? It made no sense. She threw me into a car.

Why do I feel this way? She just reminded me of someone, but I couldn't put my finger on who.

(Y/n) had been missing for 5 months now. Everyone was hysterical. She was most likely dead.

I shook the thought out of my head as I walked (Y/n)'s mom to the door. We quickly hugged as she got into her car and drove off.

I missed her so much. I wiped tears from my eyes and walked into the kitchen.

I couldn't believe what she went through. I had no idea. She never told me. I wasn't mad that she never told me, but just surprised.

How could she keep that a secret for so long?

(707's POV)

"707. You're going on a solo mission," Zola said, walking into my cell.

A solo mission? I only worked with Wanda and Pietro.

"Why, sir?" I asked.

"You're more powerful than the other two. You can handle this one on your own. You'll be sent there via helicopter in twenty minutes. Suit up," he said. I sighed and walked over to a small box in the corner.

The box had my uniform and weapons in it. I changed into it and then clipped on my belt and loaded the pockets with small weapons, bullets, and bombs.

I grabbed the small backpack that they gave me and filled it with smaller guns. The backpack was black, with a red star in the center of it.

I put my mask on, only the bottom part, and walked to the door. I sat down in front of it. I only put on the bottom half, because that stupid kid in a red suit knocked off the top.

Idiots. They really think they can defeat me? I've fought the "Avengers" (I think that's what they're called) four times. And won.

Sure, I had Wanda and Pietro with me, but I was easily way more powerful than them. I had their powers and more.

I was the upgraded version of them. And it felt great.

"Ready, 707?" Zola asked. I nodded and stood up. He led me down the hall and up the stairs, to the roof.

There was a black helicopter waiting there, running. I stepped in, and then Zola did. We took off and flew through the air.

"Now, your mission is to kill the Avengers. We're sending another mutant down there as a distraction so they'll come, and then you swoop down and kill them," he explained. He handed me an ear piece, and I put it in. I gulped.

Sure, I wasn't the best person and I didn't do the best things, but I never killed anyone. I didn't want to.

These people did nothing wrong to me, so why kill them? I just nodded.

"Now," Zola said. I climbed out of the helicopter, while it was still flying, and jumped out. Right when I was about to land, I flew safely to the top of a building.

I turned on the ear piece. Nothing but static. It was starting to hurt my head, so I took it off and stuffed it in my pocket.

I saw another person drop onto another building. I turned and saw a boy with black hair and a mask similar to mine. He looked at me and flashed a thumbs up, and then backflipped off of the building, landing safely on the ground.

Here goes nothing.