Chapter 13: If you were a potato you'd be a good potato

Start from the beginning

"Hi!" Bubbles says. "I'm not allowed in the kitchen because I'd probably take a creaming soda and... BOOM! I'd fizz out like a sherbet," she giggles at her sentence. Callum looks down and smiles. My heart practically bursts for Bubbles, he'll make her so happy! 

"What're you guys doing?"

"We are playing monopoly," she turns and gestures to the board spread out on the floor in front of them. 

I laugh. "That's a long game."

"Yeah, this is a long party," Callum says, grinning. 

We hear a tap at the door and I turn around. "If that's a girl scout bring me 12 cookie boxes please," Callum says. I walk towards the door. I open it and I see Alex standing there, eating a cheeseburger. I smile at him, remembering our burger conversation as he gulps his meal down. 

"Hey," I say.

He grunts, walking past me and into the room. I feel my phone vibrating in my pocket I answer when I see its Noah. I turn to the others and wave goodbye. I see Alex's disappointed face. Ha! Sucker.

"Hi," I greet Noah.

"Hi Nat! I'm down in the games room, do you want to come and meet my friends?" I think this is a strange request but I reply anyway.

"Um ... yeah, OK," I say. "I'll see you then," I hang up and close my phone. I make my way down through the house until I see a familiar door. I open it and step through. I immediately see the place where Alex turned the wall around so that we could play basketball, and I hear shoes squeaking on the other side. I walk over to where Noah is sipping a beer and watching his friends play air-hockey and I tap him on the shoulder.

He turns around and smiles. "Hey Nat," he says. Swallowing a gulp he begins introducing his friends to me. "This is Benny, George, Henry and Jack," he informs me. I nod at them all. "Hey guys can you go and get me a drink?" he asks them. They all nod, as though four boys getting one drink for one person is normal. 

Noah swings his legs around the couch so he's in a seating position. He pats the spot next to him like he owns the place. I plonk down next to him and I sip my lemonade. We watch the NFL match on the TV before he turns to me.

"Have I ever told you how gorgeous you are?" he says. I look down and blush. "You are. I was really shocked when you agreed to go on a date with me."

I look up. "Really?"

"Of course, a girl like you accepting a guy like me? I was totally astonished," he says. I look down and nod. "And, um, I was wondering," he brushes a loose strand of hair astray from my ponytail behind my ear and I look up, facing him. "If you'd like to do it again sometime?"

I can't exactly say no and just ditch him. Having to see his face at school would really be awkward. 

"Yeah, sure," I say. He smiles. I'm not ready for what comes next.

He places a hand on my cheek and leans in. Oh God, what have I gotten myself into?

 He kisses me for around ten seconds before pulling back, I'm left with the disgusting taste of alcohol in my mouth. Well, that was a great experience. I feel someone' watching me and I turn my head in their direction. I see Alex for a split second before he turns and walks away quickly, I'm left staring after him. I turn back to Noah. 

"Next Friday at the... movies?" I ask, itching to get away.

"Sounds good," he smiles. I stand up.

"Excuse me," I walk away then run down the corridor, searching for Alex, my feet pounding on the ground. I turn down a few hallways before I get to the living room. I'm about to step outside and look for him in the gardens when a heavily perfumed person corners me.